76mm 2001 cobra

f2hatch

Established Member
mustang magic's dyno is notorious for reading high numbers just so you know.

My car has always made less power on their dyno then a local dyno I use. From my experience. I can only say what my car does. I plan on being on the local dyno this weekend so I will see the difference with my new combo.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Sounds badass and looks great too! I too like the white lips, what wheels are they?

Even though you were apparently expecting to make more power, 610 is no slouch!

thanks alot man! It sounds soooo awesome in person. Im sure you all aready know . But its the first turbo cobra ive seen in person. so much fun!, the rims are some American racing rims I painted to match . looks real clean.:beer:

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
What was with all the smoke out the back?
I really like the car, looks good!
Any more details on the engine and turbo kit?

dude! thanks alot for liking it! its very.... different. the smoke you see in the first video is actually coming from the engine bay area. still buring off some old oil and stuff. it quit smoking completly a few pulls later, phweh!

The motor is a fully forged d.s.s shortblock with stock heads and cams.
it has a glenn's performance return fuel system with a accufab dual throttle body .
stock rear end. stock tranny . stage 2 clutch
sub frame connectors . it has a exhaust cut out that is stuck open ;)
twin ball bearing t76, I think it was a 80 someting exhaust side,the turbo kit is just a homemade kit. based basically off a hellion I think. its got a hpx maf in a 3in tube and 44mm tial wastegate and a turbosmart blow off valve.

B0B

Established Member
looks and sounds good Daron! when mine is up we'll have to do a dyno day, see which makes more on the same boost. i'm going to run 17 on pump with meth, and probably turn it up to 25 to see some good numbers on the dyno and hit some 140+ mph trap speeds on race gas.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Was just debating on doing this same set up. I have a almost identical set up with a novi 2000 tho at 15.5psi and made 624.9 hp with 19 degrees of timing. How much timing are u running? Sick car btw

Cool, thats some good power you made there. I had the novi 2000 as well! thing sounds like a turbo jet doesnt it. I never got to push my novi 2ooo to its limits so its a tuff comparison. All I can say is I LOVE TURBO!!!
I love it. Compared to the novi, the torque when it comes on. Its like night and day. i cant remember my timing number but I know he tuned it to a really realllllly safe tune. hm

Do you guys know how a dynopack compares to other dyno's. mustang dyno or whatnot. I feel like its so much faster then 600whp. man o man
:pepper:

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
looks and sounds good Daron! when mine is up we'll have to do a dyno day, see which makes more on the same boost. i'm going to run 17 on pump with meth, and probably turn it up to 25 to see some good numbers on the dyno and hit some 140+ mph trap speeds on race gas.

Hey Bob! ya we will met up soon ! Cant wait to see yours. I think you will make more on the same boost level. Only because mine made less then expected . But we also didnt get to use the Meth kit that is installed. Gonna go through all the wiring and make sure everything is ready for next dyno time. then hopefully like you. 17-19 lbs with meth . then a race gas pull!

cant imagine 25lbs..... 12 lbs on the street feels GREAT!

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,T56,solid
Established Member
Cool, thats some good power you made there. I had the novi 2000 as well! thing sounds like a turbo jet doesnt it. I never got to push my novi 2ooo to its limits so its a tuff comparison. All I can say is I LOVE TURBO!!!
I love it. Compared to the novi, the torque when it comes on. Its like night and day. i cant remember my timing number but I know he tuned it to a really realllllly safe tune. hm

Do you guys know how a dynopack compares to other dyno's. mustang dyno or whatnot. I feel like its so much faster then 600whp. man o man
:pepper:

Awesome. And my car had always been tuned on a dynapack. The numbers are about 10hp difference from most dyno jets. We have done multiple comparisons dyno jet to dynapack and there pretty damn close.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
Those rims are damn nice, do you have any more pictures of them? Do you have a hard time keeping that white clean?

wow thanks alot man! Painted them with my old roomate, he works at a sand blasting place. the white paint was baked on so its soooo easy to clean. dirt wipes right off. Ill post a few more pics. A local shop took a few real nice shots of my car today. Ill post the link.

mhm.jpg

nice.jpg

mhmmm.jpg

f2hatch

Established Member
tell me more about your car! how do you like it compared to.

I had A Posi ported blower and nitrous at the beginning of the summer. And made the change to a Hellion single turbo kit with a Precision CEA Billet wheel turbo. I loved my Eaton/nitrous combo and never really cared to go to a twin screw they just never really impressed me much. At least none of the ones I raced and beat with a Eaton. I was planning on building a custom twin kit over the winter and came across the deal of the century on the kit I have. I love the turbo so I don't miss the blower one bit. I have only raced it once so far. There are some CT guys on here that meet up often I tried to get invites to get some runs in but no luck. Over the winter I plan on a meth kit and solid rear over the winter And maybe a swap to a auto.

99BlownVert

Established Member
A friend of mine just made 700 on 15lbs on Rick at Amazons mustang dyno that is very stingy. Its a 75mm turbo on a built 4v(Mach 1). He home ported his heads and intake a ton though, and he has custom turbo cams so I am sure that makes a difference in the numbers.

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
A friend of mine just made 700 on 15lbs on Rick at Amazons mustang dyno that is very stingy. Its a 75mm turbo on a built 4v(Mach 1). He home ported his heads and intake a ton though, and he has custom turbo cams so I am sure that makes a difference in the numbers.

ya thats some good power he made, I was hoping to be closer to 700whp on 16lbs. But I think not using meth had alot to do with it. Im going to look into turbo cams and maybe valve springs and retainers. Ive always heard these 4v heads are good to LOTS OF POWER. yet my tuner worried maybe my cams were maxed out.....

idk.

oh and the lip up front is just a homemade front rubber lip. made from the garage door sealer.. looks and functions very well for $9.98

Daron

Mean01
Established Member
dude, we got 4 white Cobra's right here. AWESOME! love them white ones. and the black rims look fantastic on your convertible 99 blown svt

Users who are viewing this thread