762 HP Tesla P90D vs 650 HP C7 Corvette Z06 - Drag vid

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Very nice. Was it me, or did the Z06 leave late as well??
And, it still beat the Tesla leaving late with less power and torque. Love it.

xenodragon

Established Member
You're also forgetting the Tesla has to be towed home after that one run, because its battery is dead :lol1:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Very nice. Was it me, or did the Z06 leave late as well??
And, it still beat the Tesla leaving late with less power and torque. Love it.

Pretty sure the Tesla crossed the line first, meaning it beat the Z regardless of et or trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
We live in a day where people can whine about a 10 second all-electric sedan that seats 7. I'm in the market for both cars, actively looking at both cars. It's certainly a weird time. There's no other vehicle that seats 7 and can come anywhere near the tesla in terms of straight line speed.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Pretty sure the Tesla crossed the line first, meaning it beat the Z regardless of et or trap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wanna know how I know you've never drag raced? :lol:

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
We live in a day where people can whine about a 10 second all-electric sedan that seats 7. I'm in the market for both cars, actively looking at both cars. It's certainly a weird time. There's no other vehicle that seats 7 and can come anywhere near the tesla in terms of straight line speed.

Why not a new RS7 and chip it?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Here in south FL there are Teslas everywhere.... Most are the regular model S, but still it is amazing that these cars usually driven by 70 year old retires and yet are so quick. The other day I saw a new P90D driven by what looked like an 80 year old women.... She's driving around in a low 11 second car.... Crazy!!!!

D1984

Whining
Established Member
Here in south FL there are Teslas everywhere.... Most are the regular model S, but still it is amazing that these cars usually driven by 70 year old retires and yet are so quick. The other day I saw a new P90D driven by what looked like an 80 year old women.... She's driving around in a low 11 second car.... Crazy!!!!

I tried to race the SmugMug CEO a couple weeks ago on the peninsula in his new P90D, but he wasn't having any of it. Thought it would have been funny though to race my buddy's CEO on the highway. Teslas are all over the place out here too. If I was rich and wanted a daily driver, it wouldn't be a bad option. I would still rather have an E63 or something though. I wish they could update the styling more than just different front bumper paint

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
The Tesla is amazing. However, I don't like it, it doesn't appeal to me at all. I love the sights and sounds of an actual hot rod. I like the smells and how it feels rumbling the entire car. The Tesla is numb, it lacks any character traits that attracted me to hot rodding. I don't like it, sorry if that offends anyone. I want to open the hood of my car and have something to talk about besides batteries and more batteries. The Tesla is not a hot rod IMO.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
You're also forgetting the Tesla has to be towed home after that one run, because its battery is dead :lol1:
HA HAAAAAAAAA :D

You see those 2 green lights on the pole under the the Tesla's ET and MPH? That means he won...
Just noticed them now that you pointed them out.
So help me understand this, if someone crosses the finish line first, but has a higher time, they are the winner? Regardless of the time? The Tesla's time is higher than the Z06 time.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
HA HAAAAAAAAA :D

Just noticed them now that you pointed them out.
So help me understand this, if someone crosses the finish line first, but has a higher time, they are the winner? Regardless of the time? The Tesla's time is higher than the Z06 time.

Those times are based off of when the car actually left the line & not when the tree showed a green light. The lights are based off of who finishes first. It's called the vette got tree'd. He was sleeping at the line. It's like in any street racing from a dig, regardless of who's faster..your reaction time is everything & whoever crosses first wins.

Users who are viewing this thread