750 mile 04 mach 1.....value?

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
This isn't a for sale post. With that said & made clear, I posted in road side for the simple volume of replies this forum gets. Here's the story:
A friend of mine is a salesman at a Ford dealership. He got a call a couple days ago saying one of their best customers had passed away. Come to find out, the white 04 mach one he had purchased new has been sitting in his climate controlled garage for years. Temp tags were still on it & it only has ~750 miles on it. It is an automatic, fwiw. Besides the miles there is nothing special about this car other than being a mach 1. However there can't be more than a handful, if any, mach 1's out there with this low of mileage. Chris (salesman) called me last night and asked what this thing would be worth on the open market and I really didn't know what to say given that reasonable mileage terminators are in the low $20K range. The market for a car like this would be very much of a niche basically limited to collectors who want to put it right back in a climate controlled garage or someone who dearly loves the mach 1 and has the means to purchase what is effectively a new one.

Thoughts are appreciated.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I'd be a little weary of a car that has been sitting for that long.

oilwell1415

Established Member
At this point, mileage that low doesn't count for anything more than low mileage. In another 20 years it will mean more. Maybe. With modern cars there are a lot more problems that can arise after prolonged sitting and those problems are a lot more difficult to correct as well. It isn't worth any more than any other low mileage car. It's just like you said, the value of a car with mileage this low is lost on anyone other than a collector who is going to put it right back in the garage. To that I'll add that if anyone has the money to buy the car now and get zero utility from it they probably bought a new one from the show room floor.

txyaloo

Established Member
I just snagged an 06 GTO with 1200 miles for $16k, but I've seen a lot with miles between that and 6000 for $20k-27k. I would say it all depends on the market and the seller. If it's in a large metro area, there will be more buyers willing to pay a premium for low miles.

OrangeCobra2004

Established Member
I say about 19k. If that sales man was smart he should put it in a good auto auction or eBay so that collectors will see it and prob pay more.

Users who are viewing this thread