750+hp injectors

cgbills

Established Member
I was looking but couldn't find a definitive answer. If I am looking to run twin 61s and make around 750+whp on pump gas, would 60lb injectors be enough? Also what brand injectors would you recommend. Also please note I will be driving around NA on my cammed, pp head stroker for a few months to break it in and until I have the money for the TT system.

TORQJNKY

750 RWHP is about the limit for 60's. Ford Racing Performance Parts just came out with new 80lb/hr injectors (P/N M-9593-LU80) that should be good to about 1000RWHP. They are also high impedence EV-6 so you can use them with your factory harness. You can pick them up from Steve at Tousley Ford for $385. 1-800-328-9552 ask for Steve in parts.

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
As TORQJNKY said 750rwhp is right about the limit of the 60lbers give or take a few HP. Your best bet may be to step up to the FRPP 80lb injectors. I just got a set from Tousley Ford and the fit right in and are $380 + Shipping for all 8.

TRBO VNM

you can also go with the 75's. they will support the 750 and I have seen them support over 900 actually.

I know the 80's will have some driveability issues and people have reported that. They can modify the tune to make it better, but I don't know if it can be tuned to drive like stock.

Lethal also has the 80's.

GodStang

Established Member
you can also go with the 75's. they will support the 750 and I have seen them support over 900 actually.

I know the 80's will have some driveability issues and people have reported that. They can modify the tune to make it better, but I don't know if it can be tuned to drive like stock.

Lethal also has the 80's.

Some people I talked to said their 80s drove better than their 60s but have heard of some problems with the 80s.

TRBO VNM

Some people I talked to said their 80s drove better than their 60s but have heard of some problems with the 80s.

probably gonna end up being who the tuner is and what they know. I have my 80's and should be putting them in within a few weeks.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
So is that 750 rwhp corrected or uncorrected for elevation? I am at 5280 ft.

Last edited:

cgbills

Established Member
will i be able to use the 80s to drive around on NA for a few months? Also you said they were EV-6 so I could use my stock harness, is this the case with a 98 cobra too?

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
will i be able to use the 80s to drive around on NA for a few months? Also you said they were EV-6 so I could use my stock harness, is this the case with a 98 cobra too?

You will most likely need a tune. Yes they should plug right into your stock harness.

YGETV8

Established Member
While we're on the 750 rwhp subject, what about 60#ers w/ dual GT pumps, PPRV delete, BAP, modified FPDM, stock filter, lines, and rails?

GodStang

Established Member
Everything is fine and you may be fine with that setup but it is right on the edge for the 60lb injectors. The rest should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread