750 HP Hellcat Killing SVT Cobra?

xenodragon

Established Member
If it is, they can take my money now...except I doubt it will be over $70k...thats a HUGE markup since the 13/14

Last edited:

Blackoyote

Established Member
It would be nice...but, due to the miserable editing and shoddy journalism, I' m going to say this article holds no merit.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
So the only thing supporting that article's claim is someone supposedly heard a guy from Ford say something about the new Mustang?

Right...

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
I think it goes without saying that the publicity the Hellcat has been generating has definitely perked Ford and Chevy's ears. Obviously, at this point it is merely speculation, but I highly doubt other manufacturers (specifically the two I just mentioned) are going to just stand idly by while Dodge pats itself on the back in the numbers game.

I'm not exactly sure what to expect, but the rivalry is there, the technology is there, and I'm sure the demand is there and so it would make sense for Ford to answer that call with a similarly priced opponent - and I think we'll see something in the pipeline that odes to the concept of demolishing the competition like the Terminator was. And for Ford fans looking in that price range for a "flagship" muscle car, it makes sense.

Now, with Chevy's Corvette already playing in that price range, its not definite how they will respond. The objective is obviously to get an opposing Camaro to line up against the Hellcag, but then if that starts dancing on Corvette territory it could cause problems. I mean, the Camaro and Corvette have different objectives and appeal to different buyers (mostly) but I still think it starts to deliver mixed messages about pricing and performance if Chevy doesn't balance their performance lineup in a way that responds to the the Hellcat without diminishing their Corvette branding.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:

Rings

Established Member
image.jpg

Pretty sure this covers it

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
11.20's at 120+ is what they are claiming on factory street tires and a 10.80 on drag radials. Dodge might have got it made with those claims and the NHRA backing.

750hp SVT Cobra would be a monster. Im guessing they would replace the TVS and go with a twin screw? How else would they get than much more out of the 662hp from before without major tweaks to the blower cooling system?

Last edited:

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
750 + hp and weighing 3500 lbs? I think that's a bit of a stretch that I'm not convinced Ford will take... But I was surprised when they bumped the Shelby up from 550 to 662

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Theres no point to a 750hp front engine rear wheel drive car no matter how "cool" it sounds. :bash: The GT500, Hellcat and ZL1 are way underperforming for the power numbers they put out. They are 4,000lb pigs with the weight distribution of a truck, stone age tech suspension and pizza cutter rear tires. All so neanderthal fan boys can beat their chest of the internet forums. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread