720hp on 91 octane

Greg@RET

Established Member
This is a customers car... 91 octane, built motor, cams, blah, blah. Twin 57mm HP turbo kit.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m_ev382Icw"]YouTube - Bill's TT Cobra @ RET[/nomedia]

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Nice numbers. The smoke on decel does suck though. Can you post the graph up? I just want to see how the whole graph looks with the sullivan, as opposed to my 01 Cobra intake. I know the sullys make killer peak power!

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Had the same problem with my HP kit.. turbine seals kept crapping out, because of the poor drainage back to the pan. You can run a scavenge pump, but, it's noisy.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Yeah, if you want to spend 430 bucks on a scavenge pump, you can get one of these..

Electric Oil Feed and Scavenge Pumps

For 2 turbos, you should go with the bigger of the 3 pump choices.

Or, you can run one of the Exa-pumps, which run 350 bucks.

Exa-Pump®

I prefer the RB Racing pump, though.. made in house, and quality controlled by RB.

Most people get the cheap/noisy Mocal or Tilton pump, which is around 150-200 bucks.. It works, but, it makes more noise. My thing is this.. If the system requires a scavenge setup, then, why doesn't HP provide it?

Travis

Last edited:

blowngt

Established Member
Most people get the cheap/noisy Mocal or Tilton pump, which is around 150-200 bucks.. It works, but, it makes more noise. My thing is this.. If the system requires a scavenge setup, then, why doesn't HP provide it?

Travis

I had a Mocal when it was first installed but couldn't stand how much noise it made. I ended up finding this company that was local to me.....

Reverso Gear Pumps

It's been on the car for over 2 years now without a single issue.

But I do agree, if the kit requires a scavenge pump, HP should provide one like Hellion does.....

Greg@RET

Established Member
how much boost was it and the c.r. of the motor?

17#, you can see the analog on the graph. Thats boost.

Yeah this car is still shooting oil out... have a scavenge pump, added a restrictor, put the turbos high as possible, and still shoots oil :??: We have put in many HP kits and never had oil issues like this once the above stuff was done.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Did you put the pump in after it starting oiling out of the turbine seals? If the seals are damaged prior to the pump installation, it'll still smoke. You have to get the seals replaced.

Travis

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
I had a Mocal when it was first installed but couldn't stand how much noise it made. I ended up finding this company that was local to me.....

Reverso Gear Pumps

It's been on the car for over 2 years now without a single issue.

But I do agree, if the kit requires a scavenge pump, HP should provide one like Hellion does.....

Looks like a quality pump.. gear driven pumps are the best to go with, and they're quiet. Nice stuff.. I'll have to try one on a build.

Travis

Greg@RET

Established Member
Its always had a scavenge pump, usually when the seals on a turbo go you will see oil on the cold side. These look brand new still.

venomnous99

Twin Turbo'ed
Established Member
Very nice...

I too have the dreaded oil issues. Keep in mind this is with new turbos, new pump and a new motor. Although when the system was torn down during the motor rebuild they drained about a quart of oil per side out of the pipes. Hopefully I get the rest of the oil out and this stops, otherwise I will be changing kits. (Too much money to look ghetto everytime I get on it)...:(

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
Very nice...

I too have the dreaded oil issues. Keep in mind this is with new turbos, new pump and a new motor. Although when the system was torn down during the motor rebuild they drained about a quart of oil per side out of the pipes. Hopefully I get the rest of the oil out and this stops, otherwise I will be changing kits. (Too much money to look ghetto everytime I get on it)...:(

do you have a scavenge pump? I have a turbowerx one and it doesnt do that.

y2k2gt

2V PoWereD
Established Member
Yes! It may just be residual oil from when the seals went last time. Guess time will tell...

What size restrictor do you run. I have one .065 installed at the T before the two feed lines. I have 0 oil issues. I tried using a .065 installed on each turbo and they smoked.

Users who are viewing this thread