71k Miles Cobra??

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
I am purchasing a wrecked 99 Cobra with 71k Miles on it. Comes with everything needed to swap (tranny, ecu, yada yada). My questions is that, is it worth buying and rebuilding the engine tranny? If the engine has 71k miles on it, is it even worth my time? I was planning on building a strong motor for a blower/turbo combo, and thought it would be a good start? Any insight?

Thanks!

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I don't see why not...mine has 72,xxx on it and besides a little tranny whine in 1-3rd its still fast as nutz. made 275 rwhp stock on a mustang dyno. Just as long as it was maintained..

Matt

NXSVTCOBRA

what are you dropping it in? how much are you getting it for??? it may be beneficial and cheaper to just buy a blown motor, and a core for a tranny since you're gonna tear through it and rebuild them anyways, just a thought, im cheap

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
what are you dropping it in? how much are you getting it for??? it may be beneficial and cheaper to just buy a blown motor, and a core for a tranny since you're gonna tear through it and rebuild them anyways, just a thought, im cheap

Cheap is good. I will be building it up regardless, but I am putting it in a 2002 V6 mustang so I need the computer, wiring and all that other bullcrap.

NXSVTCOBRA

WhiteSaleen248 said:
Cheap is good. I will be building it up regardless, but I am putting it in a 2002 V6 mustang so I need the computer, wiring and all that other bullcrap.
like i said man depends on how much you're getting the car for you might be better off getting a blown engine from someone off of the boards and buying the computer and engine harness from a mustang yard, because i know wrecked cobras go for a lot of cash at the insurance auctions, but if you know someone go for it :thumbsup:

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
Sprayed_Pony said:
like i said man depends on how much you're getting the car for you might be better off getting a blown engine from someone off of the boards and buying the computer and engine harness from a mustang yard, because i know wrecked cobras go for a lot of cash at the insurance auctions, but if you know someone go for it :thumbsup:

Well I think an 03 cobra would cost me at least 8-9K with tranny. Thats major bucks considering what my budget is. I have 2k down, and about 2k that I will finance. The rest of the parts will be bought over time when I build it up to drop in my car.

MattP 343

Established Member
WhiteSaleen248 said:
I am purchasing a wrecked 99 Cobra with 71k Miles on it. Comes with everything needed to swap (tranny, ecu, yada yada). My questions is that, is it worth buying and rebuilding the engine tranny? If the engine has 71k miles on it, is it even worth my time? I was planning on building a strong motor for a blower/turbo combo, and thought it would be a good start? Any insight?

Thanks!
What are you doing with the blower on ur current motor? Wanna sell it possibly? :-D

badboycali_559

Established Member
go to car kraft.com and they have used 99/01 cobra motors cheap, last time i checked they had one for 1000 out of a 99. they have t-45 for cheap as well.

Wickky

Established Member
my niebors 97 cobra has a vortech at 9psi and stock bottom end for 160,000 miles..

trust me these engines kick ass

99rioredsnake

Established Member
Hey, I wonder if it's my old engine you were looking at. My car just got totaled with 71,000 miles on it. The body shop said the car was going to Coparts in Sacramento, but I guess it could have found it's way down there. The engine was built by Bob Mcintyre and Robert Nutty. If it's the one I could give you some background....

WhiteSaleen248

Established Member
99rioredsnake said:
Hey, I wonder if it's my old engine you were looking at. My car just got totaled with 71,000 miles on it. The body shop said the car was going to Coparts in Sacramento, but I guess it could have found it's way down there. The engine was built by Bob Mcintyre and Robert Nutty. If it's the one I could give you some background....

Was it green, It looked like the driver died in the collision (seriously). Looked like he hit a tree/poll on the driver side.

Users who are viewing this thread