717whp Cobra vs 565whp C6 z06 and 640whp C6

HolyShiznit

Established Member
My childhood friend recently moved to Arizona with his 717whp Whipple 2.9 Cobra. He has a stock motor running E85. I will try to get a dyno pic. He is running ET streets and skinnies.

Each run was from about ~50-60mph. Vettes were having traction issues from 40, don't think it would have mattered much. Enjoy. (sorry the videos are so basic)

Heads/Cam/Intake C6 Z06 (565whp)
GOPR0012 - YouTube

Supercharged C6 (640whp) (Fast forward to .44)
GOPR0020 - YouTube

gabe1530

Banned
Very nice! It's good to see some one run the 2.9 with more than 17lbs. Is your friend on svtp?

LS1Andrew

Established Member
Awesome kills!
That car moves out!

Looks like the supercharged C6 didn't fair any better than the Z06.

good_times44

Established Member
Hey fellas, the runs definitely got the blood pumping for sure. My car has a 2.9 whipple on E85 with 3.25 upper at 21 psi, return fuel with dual walbro 400 pumps and division x rails -8 feed and -6 return, maxed out 80lb injectors, JLT high boost intake, ARH long tubes with offroad x, borla stingers. I didn't have my skinnies and slicks on but I was running MT et street radials which hold pretty well on the street.

Last edited:

whiplash306

Established Member
Freaking impressive pulls by that Cobra! Would have been interested to see the races go a tad further, but I doubt by the Cobra's pull that it would have made much of a difference for the Vettes! This race acts as a further reminder that my ~600 rwhp C6Z isn't by any means untouchable! Very nice work to the builder of the Cobra!

good_times44

Established Member
Freaking impressive pulls by that Cobra! Would have been interested to see the races go a tad further, but I doubt by the Cobra's pull that it would have made much of a difference for the Vettes! This race acts as a further reminder that my ~600 rwhp C6Z isn't by any means untouchable! Very nice work to the builder of the Cobra!

Im a huge fan of C6 Z's infact id gladly trade my cobra and a testicle for one haha. The owners of both vettes were top notch guys.:beer:

HolyShiznit

Established Member
Dyno graph of Cobra.

IMG_0002.jpg

Detoxx03

El Cucuy
Established Member
You say traction wouldn't have mattered but it would have for sure. The last car is a Z06 too unless its a base model with Z06 front and rear quarters on it. Cobra roll out for sure though.

HolyShiznit

Established Member
It might have but it looked like the SC Vette just didn't have enough. I honestly thought it would have been closer given the weight differences between the car.

You say traction wouldn't have mattered but it would have for sure. The last car is a Z06 too unless its a base model with Z06 front and rear quarters on it. Cobra roll out for sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread