700whp 1995 Taurus SHO

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Thought I'd share a pretty unique, old school Taurus SHO. I don't own the car (the owner is a friend), just tune it and I've been into SHO's for many years.

This is a car we've been working together on for quite a few years (5? 6?... I'd have to look back). The original goal was to be the fastest NA SHO (then N20, then THE fastest SHO), which we ended up doing. He built a 13:1 compression motor and put E85 on it. The motor was mostly stock, just pistons, head studs, cams, and valve springs. This is also the motor we are still using. In NA form, he did 300whp. With N2O, 400whp.

We then went to an EFR 8374, and with some issues that we didn't quite work out, it made 520whp and 556wtq. We were using a stand alone boost controller on an IWG and did not end up with enough time to try to keep boost up, so it would spike and fall. The car ran a 10.7 @ 132.

He's now moved to a 67mm S400 and an AEM Infinity ECU. This past weekend, we were getting it dialed in and started pushing the power up, right until the clutch didn't hold anymore. We later found that a freeze plug was leaking, likely spraying the clutch until the plug completely came out. I think we made something like 570wtq in the day, but were trying to dial it to a flat 500wtq, all the way to 8,000 RPM. That's about the time it really started to slip, but we did get really close the 700whp mark we were aiming for. In fact, the next time he gets on the dyno, it will likely be over 700whp.

You can follow the car at The Blue Turd

44042091874_99c716cbc9_o.jpg

29777052537_d1b51938b7_o.jpg

The-Blue-Turd-1995-Taurus-with-a-turbo-3.3-L-V6-15.jpg

10 PSI road test:

14 PSI ramping to 21 PSI

A few older videos:

EFR 8374

NA + 100shot

NA

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
What kind of trans holds that power? Pretty cool btw. My dad had an '89 & a '92 when they came out. They were sleepers in their time.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Nice! I miss my 94 moonlight blue I had back in the day. I just wish I would have held out for a MTX instead of my ATX, but it was still a lot of fun and even when I had it I still surprised most of the "tuners" in my town

sono

Established Member
regardless of what the dyno shows it seems faster than a 700whp car. Looks evil fast!

olympic

Established Member
I'm a big fan of the old schools SHO's! Also curious as to what trans he's running.

Silver95

Established Member
I remember your red car from back in the day Jason! Reason your cardomain page and the sho forum lol!

What ever happened to your red car man ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yamahaSHO

Established Member
I'm a big fan of the old schools SHO's! Also curious as to what trans he's running.

He's got straight cut gears and has reinforced the bell housing. The plan is to go to a Honda transmission when needed.

I remember your red car from back in the day Jason! Reason your cardomain page and the sho forum lol!

What ever happened to your red car man ?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, Cardomain... That turned into a shitty site. I sold my car in 2013 to another SHO Forum guy and good friend He's put like 250 miles on it since. I loved they way it looked once I put the CCW Classics on it and on an E85 diet. :)

I am hoping to get him and this car out next year for Street Car Takeover.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Everything has a price... I doubt he'd sell for less than I sold it to him and well, I bought a mint 28k mile S2000 for less money right after I sold it. :)

I then turned it into a track car

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Thought I'd share a pretty unique, old school Taurus SHO. I don't own the car (the owner is a friend), just tune it and I've been into SHO's for many years.

This is a car we've been working together on for quite a few years (5? 6?... I'd have to look back). The original goal was to be the fastest NA SHO (then N20, then THE fastest SHO), which we ended up doing. He built a 13:1 compression motor and put E85 on it. The motor was mostly stock, just pistons, head studs, cams, and valve springs. This is also the motor we are still using. In NA form, he did 300whp. With N2O, 400whp.

We then went to an EFR 8374, and with some issues that we didn't quite work out, it made 520whp and 556wtq. We were using a stand alone boost controller on an IWG and did not end up with enough time to try to keep boost up, so it would spike and fall. The car ran a 10.7 @ 132.

He's now moved to a 67mm S400 and an AEM Infinity ECU. This past weekend, we were getting it dialed in and started pushing the power up, right until the clutch didn't hold anymore. We later found that a freeze plug was leaking, likely spraying the clutch until the plug completely came out. I think we made something like 570wtq in the day, but were trying to dial it to a flat 500wtq, all the way to 8,000 RPM. That's about the time it really started to slip, but we did get really close the 700whp mark we were aiming for. In fact, the next time he gets on the dyno, it will likely be over 700whp.

You can follow the car at The Blue Turd

View attachment 1516408

View attachment 1516409

View attachment 1516410

10 PSI road test:

14 PSI ramping to 21 PSI

A few older videos:

EFR 8374

NA + 100shot

NA
I had a ‘92 SHO with a 6LB powerdyne blower on it. Went through transaxle like shake ‘n bake bags, but it was a hoot on the autocross course.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Zach’s car is neat, I die laughing over the guy trolling his Instagram page comparing it to a duratec or Vulcan lol

I thought the fastest SHO in the world was the racecar one from the late 90’s that ran like a 10.1 or something? I’d have to find a pic of it but it had a 1Pc front end

Users who are viewing this thread