700rwhp pump gas

s351

Established Member
Hey guys I'm just curious if with my current setup and 94 octane if 700rwhp safely is possible. I have a meth kit aswell I just want to know if I need to use it to hit my goal thanks.

Motor is 03 cobra .20 over, 9.5-1 compression stock heads and cams
Hellion single precision 76mm bb
80 pound injectors
Blow thru 3" with ba5000
Mach 1 intake
Full return fuel system

s351

Established Member
I'm hoping it does fairly easily, I don't want to use the meth kit unless I had too, goal was 700-750 with the build, I know it will do it with meth, maybe I'll just run the meth for that little extra insurance.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
I hit 750rwhp on 16psi when my car was a stick (93 pump gas). Factory stock engine, ported 01 Cobra intake, 60lbs injectors, fore hat with GT pumps, MDM jr driver and -8 line to fore rails. (non-return style!) Had a custom built turbo kit with a big front mount and precision 76mm BB turbo.

People seem to go over kill and waste a bunch of money these days for some reason. Car ran perfect for years and only blew a head gasket when the boost controller freaked out and spiked to 21psi. Holy hell did she run hard that last pass. To bad I didn't catch it in time and blew coolant all over the track.

I am going bigger with an engine to take it this time but I also added a th400 and sra since those numbers. I think the th400 put me at 630 ish rwhp.

s351

Established Member
Hey ruthless, I've gone through your build thread awhile ago, and I agree people do go over bored, but I skimped out once before when I was had a ported Eaton and it cost me a motor. Tuner was suppose to be good ended with 8 melted pistons.

I just now figure over build everything just incase. I know its just a # but if I don't hit my goal with the money I have invested the meth will go on LOL.

How much extra rwhp do you figure you picked up with your custom kit over a hellion kit?

ruthless

Established Member
Hey ruthless, I've gone through your build thread awhile ago, and I agree people do go over bored, but I skimped out once before when I was had a ported Eaton and it cost me a motor. Tuner was suppose to be good ended with 8 melted pistons.

I just now figure over build everything just incase. I know its just a # but if I don't hit my goal with the money I have invested the meth will go on LOL.

How much extra rwhp do you figure you picked up with your custom kit over a hellion kit?

I was never one for meth. I have seen to many kits fail over the years.

My original goal for the cobra was 700rwhp and we were all shocked by the number it put down. The kit on my car is built to support 1000rwhp. The trick to these kits is to make them free flowing. My kit was also one of the first forward header designs by the shop that built it. The owner of the shop wanted to try some new ideas and used every trick that he would on his own car plus a few of my own.

After pushing the head gasket and dropping the engine myself I finally got to see first hand what all they did and boy did they do some killer work.

s351

Established Member
Ya I'm, hoping no meth gets me there, but it certainly has its benefits, I also have a vampire on the car and lean protection module just incase something fails.

ruthless

Established Member
The vampire would have saved my car and is on my list now. I have a AEM failsafe wideband that is connected to my boost controller. If the air/fuel gets out of range it is setup to dump boost. Well unlucky for me my car was is in range at 21psi so the boost didn't get cut. LOL

s351

Established Member
Lol, ya I haven't had any luck either the past year my car was suppose to be complete last march, and I'm now going back through my new motor because theres a tick, and ya it has zero miles on it, its just awesome

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Hey guys I'm just curious if with my current setup and 94 octane if 700rwhp safely is possible. I have a meth kit aswell I just want to know if I need to use it to hit my goal thanks.

Motor is 03 cobra .20 over, 9.5-1 compression stock heads and cams
Hellion single precision 76mm bb
80 pound injectors
Blow thru 3" with ba5000
Mach 1 intake
Full return fuel system

For reference, my stock motor twin 61 set up made 732 on pump 94 with 80s at only 14#s of boost... I have meth as well, but we haven't needed it it since it is running such low boost right now. Next year we are going to push to 20+#s on the meth to see what happens.

s351

Established Member
Ya I'm hoping at around 16 pounds I'm over 700 on 94, I think that will be the limit being im now at 9.5-1. If it gets turned up anymore I'll prob have to run meth just to be safe, compression + 18 pounds I don't think is realistic on pump gas.

Users who are viewing this thread