'70 Hemi Charger (Black). Perfect Car for sale

7.62x51

Established Member
The car is nearly perfect IMO.

The only things I would change is a Big/Little setup (with Black Weld Beadlocks pictured below) and a higher HP, bigger CI motor with a big cam and high compression. The rest of the car is perfect in my opinion.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the touring theme on old Mopars like this, but this car pulls it off!

29684447-874-Weld-16x16-Rear-Beadlock-Wheels.jpg

Dodge : Charger Pro Touring in Dodge | eBay Motors

If you're like the gearheads at our RKM Performance Center, you prefer your Mopars fast, clean and seasoned with great style. That means you probably love this paint booth-fresh Charger pro-tourer and completely understand its significance as one of Dodge's most beloved and appreciated classics. So, how does today's muscle car fan get his fix for both modern performance and classic attitude? He takes a solid '70 B-Body, shoehorns a professionally detailed Indy Hemi between its fenders and builds a killer custom that's fit as much for show as it is for go!

When this sinister black Dodge rolled out of the restoration shop, its metamorphosis from 60s boss to 21st century cool officially concluded. Now, we've definitely seen some awesome pro-touring Chargers, but this one may just be the best yet! It's a legit XS29 R/T that was originally equipped with a 375 horsepower, 440 cubic inch V8. And as you can probably tell, someone spent a good amount of time and money making sure its body is straight and rust-free. Under the car's black and gray hood, a 426 cubic inch Indy Hemi was bolted between a Hilborn fuel injection system, a March serpentine kit and some choice Be Cool hardware to provide a dyno-proven 506 horsepower. At the base of that two-tone powerhouse, a restored and shortened chassis was gifted a modern Tremec 5-speed, an unstoppable Moser Dana 60 rear end and Wilwood four wheel power disc brakes. And everything was topped off with a fresh leather interior that revolves around a restored steering wheel, a familiar pistol grip shifter and a modern CD player.

The project started in the mechanic's bay, where every system in the car was evaluated, tested and visually inspected. Being that our work mostly consisted of hard part restoration and installation, not much was rebuilt or re-used. After all, the pro-touring mindset is to replace as many old pieces as possible with newer, more competent hardware. Once the new, Hemi-lead drivetrain was paired with an assembly line-fresh chassis, the guys in the body shop went to work sanding, buffing, painting and detailing all the car's massive exterior surface areas. And when the car's new digs had been completely buckled up, a custom upholstery shop mixed charming Chrysler style with serious leather comfort.

To true car guys, there's nothing better than learning about and creating the cars we love. And as RK Motors LLC's dedication to the hobby expands, we're constantly looking for ways to better service you, the enthusiast. The key to transforming top notch components into a show stopping head turner is bringing everything together into one seamless custom that's both functional and fun to look at. And thanks to a group of skilled restorers, this car's new owner can now lay claim to owning one of the coolest Mopars on the planet!

215644_2cbab3cf45_low_res.jpg

215634_ecae45c266_low_res.jpg

215635_676497112d_low_res.jpg

215636_05fadcc988_low_res.jpg

215637_0651cf9a1f_low_res.jpg

215642_7fec367202_low_res.jpg

215685_8fae955e5c_low_res.jpg

215646_3da5f60049_low_res.jpg

215660_2ccc4f8d32_low_res.jpg

215652_a4564c8767_low_res.jpg

215661_5dcdec2e42_low_res.jpg

215672_c40b95afe2_low_res.jpg

215693_99fba2420e_low_res.jpg

215673_5de50115d6_low_res.jpg

Last edited:

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
Car is so sick, but I am still not a big fan of the wheel setup. No aggressive enough IMO. Still....just about perfect :beer:

SCBQQSTN

Established Member
Severe injustice was done putting a motor that small in that master piece. That is the only flaw with that car. it deserves at LEAST 500 CI

SVT_Troy

Established Member
so im pretty sure I need to go home and change after looking at the pics! This car is absolutely gorgeous! If I ever go back to old school muscle this is the level build I have to have.

7.62x51

Established Member
If we could take the above Charger, add a 600+CI Hemi, give it a stance + wheels like this Charger below, then it would be perfect:

76f01ca0.jpg

Last edited:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Wrong wheels for sure, especially for stock height suspension. A drag setup would look better.

For me though I'd have it mini-tubbed dropped a solid two inches with 18's.

04svtterm

Established Member
MY god what a gorgeous car!!!! The wheels and tires aren't right for it. Me personally i would slam it with a set of aggressive Black Forged wheels and beefy tires....super wide in the back. That'll be my daily.

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
Eh, I am okay with the power plant. Obviously more power (bigger cubes) is always better. The biggest thing that bothers me with the car is the choice in wheels. They do not match the car's attitude at all. I would lower the car a little and put a nice set of period correct wheels on it. Done!

7.62x51

Established Member
Can you imagine if it had a 1200+ HP Blown big block w/ these wheels (below) and the stance was correct?

hmmm

NHRA-Robert-Hight-Funny-Car.jpg

Gray_Ghost

Established Member
All that work into it, and they don't even give it a good stance... Wtf? And the wheels don't go at all.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
At the price point they are trying to get for that car (they won't) there's a serious amount of items missing. The car is not a concourse restoration, but it's not completely a resto-mod or pro-touring car either.

They've spent a good bit of time on the front suspension, but it's got factory suspension in the rear. Given it's over-all design theme with modified parts, the car should also have flush mount glass, multi-link rear end, AC a 6 spd etc. The wheels and stance alone will kill it. They put a ton of money in to the engine compartment and skimped elsewhere.

This is a properly done B-Body.
[youtube_browser]x4lrWDYOeUc[/youtube_browser]

Plymouth_wallpapers_227.jpg

EDIT: I still think the car is badass though. I'd certainly drive it. I'd either put the factory wheels back on it, or lower the suspension and go with some quality aftermarket offerings.

Last edited:

7.62x51

Established Member
At the price point they are trying to get for that car (they won't) there's a serious amount of items missing. The car is not a concourse restoration, but it's not completely a resto-mod or pro-touring car either.

They've spent a good bit of time on the front suspension, but it's got factory suspension in the rear. Given it's over-all design theme with modified parts, the car should also have flush mount glass, multi-link rear end, AC a 6 spd etc. The wheels and stance alone will kill it. They put a ton of money in to the engine compartment and skimped elsewhere.

This is a properly done B-Body.
[youtube_browser]x4lrWDYOeUc[/youtube_browser]

Plymouth_wallpapers_227.jpg

EDIT: I still think the car is badass though. I'd certainly drive it. I'd either put the factory wheels back on it, or lower the suspension and go with some quality aftermarket offerings.

This is something that I always think about.

If you had hundreds of millions of dollars, and you wanted to drop $200-300k on a custom car like this, where would you take it where they would be top notch on exterior, interior, engine, drivetrain, suspension and all the other details?

Seems all these shops are specialized in one area. Would be nice to know of a place that will build a car exactly as you want it, with no compromises.

Users who are viewing this thread