7 cd's in a 6 disk changer?!?!

cobrajma

heh,heh, he said "member"
Established Member
ok, here's my problem. i'm not sure what the hell happened here, but monday i go to put a cd in the cobra and i attempt to eject cd 1. fairly easy you would say...remove cd, load new cd, play cd, enjoy music,right? wrong. i somehow did not realize that the cd never actually ejected from the deck (was really early driving to work) but the display showed 1 to be empty. so i hit load cd 1, door opens and i insert said disk, and it loaded!! how could that have happened? i would have thought there would not have been enough room to fit 2 discs in one slot. so now there are seven cd's in it and 1 still shows empty. it won't eject or load anything. cd error is all it says when you try to hit any cd related button. and you dont hear the springy clicky noises it would usually make when attemting to change a disc. just absolute silence. now the radio takes a few seconds to come on whenever i turn the car on. WHAT DO I DO:shrug: ...anyone???

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
hate to say it bro, but you might need to replace that deck now. Some of those in-dash CD changers are so compact that it's almost impossible to take them apart unless you don't plan on putting them back together. You could always see if Ford would look at it, but i almost gaurantee that they'll just advise you get a new/replacement head unit.

It sucks to hear, but short of trying to take it apart and put it back together, replacement is almost the only option i can think of.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
sounds like it was broken before you inserted the disc. to me, anyway. since you're going to need a replacement, you should just yank it and start taking it apart; maybe you can just fix it yourself. even if you can't, it won't matter.

edit:

you have exhaust, right? radio not required.

Last edited:

noahsark2012

4V 500rwhp club
Established Member
time to throw that pos mach460 in the garbage, get a metra harness, and the aftermarket cd player of your choice, and enjoy much much better sound than what you currently have.

you'll increase the quality, bass, treble, and loudness by at least 60% over the stock head unit.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
shitcan the entire Mach system. hell, even a 150-200$ alpine deck, components front and coaxials/triaxials in the rear will sound way better.

with a cheapie 10" single sub and 200-400w amp combo will sound even better.

Stavesacre21

Thinkin 4th Dimensionally
Established Member
shitcan the entire Mach system. hell, even a 150-200$ alpine deck, components front and coaxials/triaxials in the rear will sound way better.

with a cheapie 10" single sub and 200-400w amp combo will sound even better.

However, the sad truth to that statement would be that the Mach460 system is still probably one of the best stock stereo's i've ever heard in a vehicle, and i've got a knack for car stereo. Of course it's not gonna win any competitions, but for stock its pretty nice. Sure as heck blows the doors off anything Bose has put out...and they add a rediculous price to the tag because of it's name.

Some of the stock Infinity sound systems can be pretty nice, but stock for stock, i've found it pretty tough to come with a better one :shrug:

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Mine started eating CD's and giving errors, so I popped a Kenwood 838U in it''s place. So much better....

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Just throw some kooks LT's with a catless h and borla stingers....problem solved!

JK Seriosley you are probably out of a radio and 7 cd's. Sounds like it was broken before you loaded that 7th one in.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Just throw some kooks LT's with a catless h and borla stingers....problem solved!

JK Seriosley you are probably out of a radio and 7 cd's. Sounds like it was broken before you loaded that 7th one in.

I would say out of a 6 disc changer, yank it out and retrieve your CDs. Then get you an aftermarket stereo.

ssssnake

Established Member
I had the same problem with two cars that had the Mach system. Definitely a design flaw. We finally got the CDs out.

trottlebody

Established Member
Actually this has happend to me TWICE. It happens to me when i try to change from CD to CD or eject when it's VERY COLD outside. All it would do is jam and say ERROR (Wouldnt play, couldnt eject, or change CD's). Each time it happens I want to take the whole thing apart and fix it ASAP, but somehow it rights itself Everytime.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
However, the sad truth to that statement would be that the Mach460 system is still probably one of the best stock stereo's i've ever heard in a vehicle, and i've got a knack for car stereo. Of course it's not gonna win any competitions, but for stock its pretty nice. Sure as heck blows the doors off anything Bose has put out...and they add a rediculous price to the tag because of it's name.

Some of the stock Infinity sound systems can be pretty nice, but stock for stock, i've found it pretty tough to come with a better one :shrug:

the BOSE system in my 98 Vette was ok.. but the Mach 460 in the Cobra's Ive had are definitely a superior setup.

Users who are viewing this thread