7.29 best run in mach 1

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Finally made it into the 7.2X's. 7.2943 @ 94.91 mph. Best 60' of the day was also a new personal best at 1.49 sec. Only new mod was going from a 26" M/T ET Street to a 28" M/T ET Drag. DA was much lower today at only around 5700 ft as compared to the usual 6500 ft here.

In car vid:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPKqePifUG4"]YouTube - 10-04-08 Sturgis Drags Mach 1 150 Shot[/ame]

outside:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnnypjuJPMo"]YouTube - 10-04-08 Sturgis Drags Mach 1 150 Shot[/ame]

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Nice times but dude please throw it into neutral after the run! That is damn hard on the motor to leave it in gear.

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Nice times but dude please throw it into neutral after the run! That is damn hard on the motor to leave it in gear.

I would, but I am afraid of the car dying. I had it happen once on me. Our track has a very very short shut down area and if I were to lose my power brakes, I would be screwed.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
I usually upshift to the next gear and just let the car decel.

Nice runs though. What did you use for your in car camera mount?

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
I bought one of those little wal-wart tri-pods for my video camera. I kept the legs folded and turned them to like a 90 degree angle to the camera and wedged it between the headrest and the seat. Seems to have held really well.

Oh and on the decel, I still have stock gears with 28" tires so I cross the traps at only like 5000. So it is not so hard. I have been trying to blow this engine up so hard, but it just won't go. Oh well. My new one is going in over the winter. Guess I will just have a spare around.

Last edited:

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
That was awesome.

How does the progressive controller work?

I really like it. I don't spray progressively. I get enough traction spraying 100% off the line. I mostly got it because it has a WOT switch that taps into the PCM and window switch the same way. It was only a few bucks more than the MSD window switch so I went this route. The only wires under the hood are for the solinoids. Made the install really clean. I made a harness with connectors on it so it was just plug and play.

I really have no idea what kind of power it makes. I have never had it on the dyno. If I had to guess I would say 400-410 rwhp. You have to remember that the density altitude here is over a mile high and there is very little if any track prep on our little po-dunk track.

Last edited:

Stopsign32v

Established Member
I would, but I am afraid of the car dying. I had it happen once on me. Our track has a very very short shut down area and if I were to lose my power brakes, I would be screwed.

Talk to the person that tuned the car. It shouldn't do that, they should fix the problem for free, and you shouldn't have to put it with it doing that. :nono:

I blew my stock motor leaving the car in gear after a 1/4th mile run. I had no choice because a car was coming my way in my lane. I never did this before and this one time proved to be a bad idea. Snapped 4 rods, put 2 holes in the block, cracked the block, dinted the bottom of the oil pan, and wrecked my heads. :) I won the race though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Venom_nitrous

Established Member
Talk to the person that tuned the car. It shouldn't do that, they should fix the problem for free, and you shouldn't have to put it with it doing that. :nono:

I blew my stock motor leaving the car in gear after a 1/4th mile run. I had no choice because a car was coming my way in my lane. I never did this before and this one time proved to be a bad idea. Snapped 4 rods, put 2 holes in the block, cracked the block, dinted the bottom of the oil pan, and wrecked my heads. :) I won the race though.

I have never had that happen in this car. That was with my old gt. And I do my own tuning. This thing has never seen a dyno. I know of no tuner who would tune mine as aggressive as I have it. I like to be able to tweak the tune on my own. It really sounds a lot louder on the camera, but I am only at like 3500 rpm when I slow down there. I cross the traps at only 5000 and am on the brakes right away.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Well ususally if a tuner will not tune your car as aggressively as you want that means they know its not safe for your motor. If I had to bet I'd say if you had someone dyno tune your car that was good you would gain power reguardless of what you believe.

04cobra13

Established Member
nice run bro, and a hell of a 60 ft! That looks like a really nice track also, i like how you back into the burnout box and dont have to get you front tires wet like irwindale..

Users who are viewing this thread