6sp Owners, this is a must have combo!

PhantomX

Established Member
Steeda Triax shifter with the Barton Bracket! OH HELL YEA! Absolutely stellar combo. Butter smooth shifting, very positive engagement, quieter operation. Just awesome all the way around. The Triax has some type of spring setup so that when you go from 2nd to 3rd all you have to do is just push forward, it finds it. Now with the Barton bracket there is no more deflection or slop in the shift. Very precise with a great feel. 100% improvement, this is how it should have come from the factory it's that much better.

Went for quick test spin, hit 3rd gear quick and hard, car started to step out a bit and the traction control cut in. If you have a manual 5.0 this is a must have setup. I was sitting in an 03 Cobra with the old Triax and wow what difference. That thing is just notchy and rough to use, this one is perfect. I'll admit it's a bit pricey but worth it, It's about $400 for the whole setup (shifter, ball, bracket) but again worth every penny.

Here's the ball I got for my setup
photo-16.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
ya thanks for posting the set up, but why not the hole Barton set-up or just the Triax set-up...? just asking, but I'm planing on getting a new shifter soon, so again thanks for the post

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
the stock shifter is absolutely terrible. An aftermarket one is definately the first thing im doing. Im going with the whole barton setup (shifter and bracket)

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
That's funny cause I actually like the stock shifter myself. Relatively short throws and very smooth...Worlds above a stock 99-04 shifter lol. I'm going to try just the bracket and still use the stock shifter and see how much "rubbery feeling" gets taken out with just that...

PhantomX

Established Member
The Barton was more $$ for just 20% over an already short throw. The stock shifter throws really aren't bad at all. Actually a stock shifter with the Barton bracket would be good. It's the sloppy deflection from that stamped bracket with the crappy bushing that makes the shifter suck so bad. But the aftermarket ones are also more sturdy then the stocker. When I removed the stocker the base plate was paper thin.

PhantomX

Established Member
He was referring to the title and how it says "6sp" which could apply to either transmission...

It's pretty freakin common knowledge that when someone actually calls out "6sp" they aren't talking about an Auto, when referring to an an auto, we actually type, AUTO... how anal some people are sometimes just amazes me...

StangLoveR

Established Member
It's pretty freakin common knowledge that when someone actually calls out "6sp" they aren't talking about an Auto, when referring to an an auto, we actually type, AUTO... how anal some people are sometimes just amazes me...

He said anal.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread