6R80 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Yeah that’s right and if using an F150 trans you need a bracket from BCA racing and they also carry a bracket to allow the use of a 4R70W shifter from a 99-04 Auto for ease of install and stock look

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

stangfreak

Established Member
Awesome. I need to start ordering. Is,there a website for bca racing

stangfreak

Established Member
I will. I,just found there site. They sell built 6 speeds. I might get everything from them. 1200rwhp rated. This swap is going to kick ass

Michael Plackis

Established Member
Yeah I was thinking about getting it from them but $4000+ is crazy. You can get an F150 trans and put exedy clutches and a billet intermediate for less and it’s just as strong. Stock they’re pretty strong. People are running low 9’s with just a converter

Last edited:

Michael Plackis

Established Member
I was looking at 3.08’s. Fist gear is really steep on the 6R80 so the tires would light up in first and second with anything above that. I wanted 2.73’s but couldn’t find any high quality ones. If you guys know anywhere to find some Ford Racing or better quality than stock 2.73 gears that’d be the best I think

Last edited:

Michael Plackis

Established Member
343d58141dfa6a4720a251465d35a624.jpg

This is what I found with 3.08 rear gears

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Michael Plackis

Established Member
For those interested in the swap you can go on the USSHIFT website and download their program(windows only) and play around to see all the adjustments and get a feel for the program. Would also recommend downloading/printing the instructions and reading a few times before anything if you’re installing yourself especially. Might tackle it over the winter with a friend. Seems relatively straight forward for the install and tuning being that everything should just bolt right up. The only thing that I can’t comment on working perfectly is the linkage. I’ve yet to find a surefire set up for that. I️ think the BCA bracket will make everything work fine but haven’t been able to contact them for confirmation

stangfreak

Established Member
I have to go to mustang magic and talk to Joey to see if he will do this swap. I honestly have no time as I run one of the largest Mack dealerships in the north east.

IMO the 6r swapped cobras will run accelerate better than the 4R.

I'm also a ford dealer so I want to see what I can get the transmission for. Just won't be built.

stangfreak

Established Member
My 2.9 whipple which I run 23 lbs and this swap, the car will be a monster. Later on do a crusher kit and upgrade to the gen 3.

stangfreak

Established Member
Mike shoot me a pm with steves number. I know he's next to Enzo, the tuner. I haven't seen Steve since he left mm. He's a top notch mechanic.

stangfreak

Established Member
Thanks bro. I'll call him if Joey can't. It's easier at mustang magic bc the cars there and Joey can tune it on the spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread