6R80 SWAP Questions

mackdog2008

Established Member
I am in the planning stage of a 6R80 swap, I found a few things online but I want to see if anyone can give me any good ideas on where to get all the parts I need to do the swap and what is needed to make the computer know what to do.

If you have links you can post up that will help that would be great, I didn't find a lot on this searching on Google.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Most can be bought from tasca ford for a good price, Shifter, shifter cable, transmission cooler/lines, transmission, converter, auto PCM, auto trans harness, brake pedal assembly and bushing and master cylinder reservoir.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I just searched on eBay over the coarse of a month and found all major components. Got the little parts from tasca though. PartsFarm in georgia had a lot of parts too.

jaymoe5555

Established Member
I bought my swap kit from parts farm the Complete swap from one car and ge shipped it all for 3200 and I bought a circle d Converter so I have 4400 in mine plus fluids

justinsstang

Established Member
How do you get a pcm directly for your cars options? Order it from tasca and they set it to your vin or something?

His is a 2013 base with sync, mines a 2014 premium with sync, track apps, heated leather seats and electronics package that has all the neon lights in the cup holder/doors/floorboards and mustang symbol that shines on the ground from the sideview mirrors.

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
I have a guy willing to swap straight across is why I ask. If my pcm would work with his and his with mine... It'd be a easy swap. Kind of hard to pass up with how everyone hails the 6R80 on here. I'd probably miss shifting pretty bad though. My trans is in great shape and never have had any problems with it... MGW race spec made it even better. Decisions decisions.

Also never swapped a trans before and we'd be doing it in my garage. Won't know what all special tools I'll need to do the swap (if any special tools are required) and how difficult it is.

I'd probably pay for his gas, it's a 4 hour drive. That's the only cost other then buying our own fluids and we'd both need a retune from our tuners.

Last edited:

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I found good deals on everything, I did the whole swap for 3400.00 with a circle D converter.

The ford dealership will program the PCM to your car. just find a auto PCM of the same year.

Users who are viewing this thread