6r80 Msd 2Step help.

Mikey_boosted_c

Established Member
Item # Msd 2 step 8731

Has anyone on here installed this item on there auto 5.0 ? If so , is it beneficial ? Is there any tricks into making it work ? Any issues with the install ? and videos the can proved of the 2 step actually being used on a auto 5.0 ?

I hear some reviews of people activating it off a button . Also seen some reviews of wiring it to the brake light relay .

Any input or your personal review would help . Thank you

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Hey man we have it on our gt. Right now we have it set at 4000rpm's just to hear it. We had it set at 1700rpm's for the stock converter and it was ok, but it isn't designed to be that low of rpms. The car seemed to lag a little at the launch because it was floored ( it still smoked the tires and went sideways though), but was at such low rpm's (too much fuel and it took a second to get it all burned).

We have it wired to the brake light with a toggle switch so we can do a burnout without it activating.

Hope this helps and if you have any more questions hit me up man.

Mikey_boosted_c

Established Member
thanks man that helps .

have you taken it to the track to see if ur 60' times improved ?
Also are you just trying it on street tires or slicks/drag radials ?

there was a previous thread I was reading someone said they went from 1.51 to 1.46-1.48 with the msd 2step set at 2k but I cant seem to find it any more

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Man I'm going to be honest with you. The car has never been to the track. It is a true street car lol. The only tires we have had it with are the wonderfully gripping M/T street comps. With a 60ft that low id say it had a different converter.

Users who are viewing this thread