6r80 guys!! Which Trans cooler?

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Which trans cooler are you guys using? I have a VMP triple pass HE that is currently taking up the lower grill area. I dont the the OEM automatic cooler setup will fit with my HE. I have space in the upper grill but I dont want to block too much more of the radiator and AC condenser.

I was thinking about this Mishimoto HD fanned cooler behind the left or right side of the front bumper:

https://www.mishimoto.com/heavy-duty-transmission-cooler-kit-electric-fan.html

But I was also thinking a universal cooler like this one might fit behind my HE and in front of the condenser:

https://www.mishimoto.com/mishimoto-universal-transmission-fluid-cooler-20-75.html.

What are you guys using?

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
I mounted mine in the rear of the car to the bottom of the spare tire well.....it's mounted at an angle...there is room to do a large dual fan cooler...I'm currently running a single fan B&M Super Cooler and it does great at the track and for the limited street duty that my car sees.

sleek98

Established Member
Oem cooler. Goes between the ac condenser and the radiator. The mounting is a pain in the ass. I ended up using zip ties/cable ties to mount it but it doesn’t move and has been there for a few thousand miles.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I would never have guessed it sandwiched between the condenser and radiator. OEM it is

WCA

Established Member
I have the Tru-cool Max LPD47391 in my 2007 and I'm also putting it in my 2014 6R80 conversion. One intense cooler. Trans temps run around 145-180 depending on weather and if in traffic.

Users who are viewing this thread