6lb lower

svt4cobra6

Hi I am thinking of just using a 6lb lower pulley on an 03 with the stock Eaton. Do you have to change any other pulleys like the alternator pulley. Also any ideas what power I should have with a tune and 6lb lower, currently has mrt catted hpipe, magnaflow catback and CAI, stock non ported eaton.

04torchred

Established Member
Hi I am thinking of just using a 6lb lower pulley on an 03 with the stock Eaton. Do you have to change any other pulleys like the alternator pulley. Also any ideas what power I should have with a tune and 6lb lower, currently has mrt catted hpipe, magnaflow catback and CAI, stock non ported eaton.

Go straight to a 8lb lower that is about the same as a 2.93" upper pulley. I ran that setup for well over 25,000 kms before I ported my eaton and went 3.1/6lb.

I changed to a 4.0" alternator pulley and I run that currently with my 6lb lower and still rockin the stock alternator after 85,000 kms.

With my 8lb, Mac LT, o/r prochamber, Stingers, JLT CAI, and tune I made 454rwhp/451rwtq with 18* timing on 91 octane. Not sure what I made at 21* timing as we tweaked my tune on the street after my baseline dyno session.

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
Why not just put a 2.80 or 2.76?? Cheaper and easier to install and you won't need a new alt pulley... or belt for that matter

04torchred

Established Member
Why not just put a 2.80 or 2.76?? Cheaper and easier to install and you won't need a new alt pulley... or belt for that matter

Cause if you plan to add a twinscrew shortly the upper pulley is useless. Lowers are stealthy and if I had to do it all over again I would have got the 10lb lower from Metco. It spins the blower the same as a 2.80" upper.

AND YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED A NEW ALT PULLEY WITH ANYTHING LARGER THEN A 2LB LOWER.
A lot of guys will say no, but they don't drive the car everyday. I put over 12,000 miles a year on the car and I still have the same alt that came off the showroom floor.

svt4cobra6

thanks for the information, probably will eventually go to a twin screw blower. The car is my daily driver,(good weather out here in Las Vegas) so I would need to keep it reliable! Someone is selling a used 6lb lower kind of cheap so this is why I was considering it over the simpler pulley change on the blower.

Users who are viewing this thread