6lb and 50shot?

LightningLou

Established Member
Anybody else running this setup? This is on a ported eaton at 15lbs of boost. This is my new setup and I can't wait to get some times at the track. Hoping to break 11's. :burnout: Just wondering if anyone is running this setup or pretty similar on a stock block and what track times your running.

Last edited:

=fast=

Established Member
I been wanting to do that too, i just put on the 6lb but i have the 2.8 upper, dont know if it will work.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
I have a KB 2.3 on stock block. 5# lower, 3" upper (17# of boost)
Spraying a 75 shot.

1/8th mile last night in 90* humid florida weather I ran a 7.5 @ 93mph.

Rook

Established Member
thats not a bad thing to do. probably increase your 45 rear hp its mostly a cooling charge. you need a good tune for the 6 lb and you should not even have to have a tune for it. if you go with a 75 shot pull 1 degree of timing to be on the safe side. i say do it. go wet not dry shot.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
I'm running a stage 3 ported Eaton and a 6# lower and a 75 shot. Stock block and pumps and injectors too. Best time to date is in the SIG. I race a Bristol Motor speed way. The track is 1,445 ft above sea level. With a corrected heat index and temp. Its more like racing at 3,500 ft above sea level. I cut a 1.87 in the 60 to net a 12.61. I run full weight. The Hp numbers for the 75 shot are more like 509 rwhp and 719 rwtq.
I run 3.55 gears and a stock tq converter.

The only thing I do is change the tune and turn the juice on. Now its time to get serious.
More changes to come....

Last edited:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Would you run a 2.8 upper or a 75 shot?

On a 6 # lower? With a 2.8. Thats more like a 8# lower. Not sure that would be a good Idea, unless you have a built motor. A 75 shot is the most I'm gonna run until I build the motor in mine.

03SNOWBALL

Established Member
I've been thinking of going this route too.I have a stage 4 ported 6 lower stock upper seeing only 13.5lbs of boost.what do you guys recommend 75 wetkit?If so got any part number or where and what brand to get.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I only get 10lbs, with the 6lb I doubt I will see 16. The ported blower will help lower the boost and I have no cats as well. Wonder if the block will last till winter.

DolSVT00

Established Member
Get a good tune and a ported blower 6#, some slicks and skinnies and good weather and you wolnt need the gas to go 11's. I almost did it with just that...... Too many people running gas or big blowers on a crap tune just to make it where i've been on 700$ worth of mods.:shrug:

Oh and I have a 2000 so im on 3.55's to boot....................

Users who are viewing this thread