69 year old granny shoots 18 yr old during robbery attempt

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Gotta love this lady!!! I would loved to have been there to laugh at this kid's family when I'm sure they defended the parasite they raised.

By Michael Sheridan
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Tuesday, August 31st 2010, 12:25 PM

alg_resize_ethel-jones.jpg

Sixty nine year-old Ethel Jones poses with her .38 caliber snubnose revolver behind the glass door window she shattered when she fired three shots at a burglar who broke into her home.

A gun-totin' granny in Alabama shot an would-be intruder during a late-night robbery attempt on Monday.
Ethel Jones, a 69-year-old widow, was in the bathroom when she heard someone outside her home in Decatur, Alabama around 3 a.m.
"I heard somebody at the back door and then around at the front door," Jones told the Decatur Daily. "I said to myself, 'Somebody's fixin' to break in.' "
The mother of four generally keeps a .38 snubnosed revolver under her pillow, and carries it around when she is home alone at night.
The intruder removed a window air conditioner and started to make his way into the house, Jones told the newspaper. When they saw one another, she fired.
"I shot three times," Jones said, "and he ran away hollering."
The suspect, 18-year-old Michael Bynum, who lives less than a mile away from Jones, travelled to the hospital where police later apprehended him. He suffered a gunshot wound to the gut. He will be charged with second-degree burglary, police said.
"I hope this will make people have second thoughts before they break into a home in our neighborhood," Jones said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz0yIP6DvSY

ModularFan

Established Member
Hate to say it, but more then likely this kids family will sue, there's ways around everything now or days.

You simply should not mess with these rabid grannies. Many are itching to blow somebody away. Most have a "Saturday night special" roped to their garter belt.

Crazy Ray

Established Member
Justice has been served. Now if I lived near her I would buy her three new shells to replace the ones she shot.

txyaloo

Established Member
Hate to say it, but more then likely this kids family will sue, there's ways around everything now or days.

Let them sue. It won't do any good.

There's a reason most "castle" bills include this little section:

(d) A person who uses force, including deadly physical force, as justified and permitted in this section is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force, unless the force was determined to be unlawful.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
haha i love the 'sleeps with it under pillow or carries it around" part....lady is always ready....."SAY SOMETHIN AGAIN"! (I'm Pinky's grandma nukka"). lol

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Would of been better if it was 2 to the chest 1 to the head. Then the problem would of been corrected. Plus it would tell all the other thugs that you could end up dead if you messed in this neighborhood.

I would of bought her a box (50 rounds) of what ever type of ammo she would want. After this happen if I was one of her neighbors :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread