69 trans am

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
I manage a storage yard and this customer has not paid in 6 months can't get ahold of him and its been here from 02-01-2000..Question is is this car worth anything

Picture018-2.gif

Picture019-1.gif

Picture020-3.gif

Picture021-2.gif

Picture022-2.gif

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
haha I cant believe they put those firebird wheels on it

if matching#'s and all there I'd say its worth more than a few g's. has to be fairly rare

707svt

Venom Feeder
Established Member
My dad had one of those 600 made its a anniversary addition, fully restored they will be worth 100k, that car is worth at least 10k the way it sits as long its a matching #s.

johndoe000

keep it classy
Established Member
My dad had one of those 600 made its a anniversary addition, fully restored they will be worth 100k, that car is worth at least 10k the way it sits as long its a matching #s.

^ True story. 1969 was the first year the Trams Am package was available on the Firebird, it didn't sell well at all and thus there was an extremely limited production run. Hopefully its not a clone and has the original motor and trans, if it does you're one lucky sob lol :banana:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
If that's a true Trans Am and not a clone, even in it's condition it's worth at least $10,000.

Quite a bit more depending on it's option package. If that hood tach is factory, that may be a RAIV car in which case if it's still got motor/transmission that car is RARE with a huge capital R.

A restored RAIII TA just went for 90K at Mecum in Florida this past week. If that gives you some kind of idea on the potential value of that car.

I know you probably can't do this, but if you get a hold of the owner I would be highly interested in this vehicle.

I don't generally like factory restorations, but this would be something hard to pass up.

EDIT: After carefully reviewing the photos I think this car is clone. The blue although severely decayed is the wrong color and the taillight panel is white. Although it's hard to confirm, the vast majority of Trans AM's had the tail panel color matched to the stripes on the car from the factory.

Can you verify if that hood is steel?

Last edited:

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
R u gona sell that car?

If that's a true Trans Am and not a clone, even in it's condition it's worth at least $10,000.

Quite a bit more depending on it's option package. If that hood tach is factory, that may be a RAIV car in which case if it's still got motor/transmission that car is RARE with a huge capital R.

A restored RAIII TA just went for 90K at Mecum in Florida this past week. If that gives you some kind of idea on the potential value of that car.

I know you probably can't do this, but if you get a hold of the owner I would be highly interested in this vehicle.

I don't generally like factory restorations, but this would be something hard to pass up.

EDIT: After carefully reviewing the photos I think this car is clone. The blue although severely decayed is the wrong color and the taillight panel is white. Although it's hard to confirm, the vast majority of Trans AM's had the tail panel color matched to the stripes on the car from the factory.

Can you verify if that hood is steel?

a few things i know about the car is it has the engine and trans is in it ..it was driven here and stored for the past ten years..it does have front drum brakes and i believe the hood is steel i can check that tomorrow..it is automatic if that means anything :shrug:

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
^ True story. 1969 was the first year the Trams Am package was available on the Firebird, it didn't sell well at all and thus there was an extremely limited production run. Hopefully its not a clone and has the original motor and trans, if it does you're one lucky sob lol :banana:

if it is its mine and going into a climate controlled storage:coolman:

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
689 Coupes and 8 convertibles built in 1969. All eight convertibles are still known to exist.

Last edited:

triglet

Established Member
yeah i was bored as hell and this caught my attention. so google it was.

FACT: While the hood tach was available as a dealer installed option, these were not offered from the factory, mostly I believe due to lack of room to the left of the large T/A scoops. (SIDE NOTE: A hood tach will fit to the side of the scoop but one of the mounting bolts will actually be under the hood hinge making it necessary to remove the hood from the hinge for installation

here's the link to the website it was on.
Kenny G.'s info page

Users who are viewing this thread