69 Mustang grande. Where do I start?

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
Hey guys I bought my grandfather's mustang from my grandmother after he died because he wanted it to stay in the family. The car has been sitting in a unaircontioned garage for the past 3 years and was started up maybe 4 times and year with a small drive down the street. The car is all original. Aside from the dry rotted tires and window seals that have gone bad what should be some of the first things addressed? I'm finding very generic info on internet searches.

PaxtonShelby

iamdrab
Established Member
New rubber brake lines and wheel cylinders and of course follow up by flushing the brake system. Possibly replace all metal brake lines as well. They can look perfect on the outside but rust from the inside out as moisture gets into the system over time. Don’t go anywhere until that is done.

Other than that, I’d do the general front to back maintenance. Fluids, belts, filters, etc.

How about some pics and more info?

sabre24667

Team Ramrod
Established Member
Hey thanks bud! This is what I was thinking but basically wanted the affirmation. The car is on its way and should be here in a day or two. I'll upload pictures soon after it gets here.

Users who are viewing this thread