680whp 5.0 vs 760awhp Evo

wnt2gofst

Banned
Well last night I went and ran a car that's been wanting to run for a while. I knew going in I was getting beat though. Its a Evo 8 with built engine, built tranny, 40lbs boost for tonight. Can run on 46. In the 40 his car makes 760whp and still makes 590wtq. On the 46lbs it makes 815/6xx. It weighs in at 3200lbs. But oh well try I must.

So first and second run suck as we cant here horns. Finally on the 3rd run we get a clean run. He brake boosted he said to roughly 28lbs I'm in 2nd at 5000rpms. 55-60ish roll. We are gone. By 120-125 he is about 7 cars out. By 145 he still pulling hard and I shut down. He stays in it. His car is nasty fast. A lot faster then the m3 I ran. I was making 680whp/546wtq on this run on my 20" rims.

Found out was making 610 when raced m3. We all 3 should be running Thursday or Friday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kl3pEin6Ss&feature=g-upl

Last race vs M3. I was only 610whp..tune issue kept from loading big tune. M3 said he was making 700whp. I would get jump and hold off till around 140-150 where he would come around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2_ux9vcUs4

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
Run him from a dig next time and you will surely win.

J/K

murse

Established Member
Premium Member
:beer: for trying..... that evo and m3 are nasty... time to build the block and turn it up???

SneakyPete

Banned
Evo would prob spin for days from a dig.

you're a noob if you're not making an attempt at being facetious with that statement.

Good runs OP, even with turning up the boost on your car you're going to have a tough time overtaking that Evo, especially from a dig. that car is a prime example of what a 4 banger can do when modded correctly. I feel like this got moved to the video section so quickly because of the shitstorm of ignorance that would've inevitably been posted on this thread by non-believers.

wnt2gofst

Banned
you're a noob if you're not making an attempt at being facetious with that statement.

Good runs OP, even with turning up the boost on your car you're going to have a tough time overtaking that Evo, especially from a dig. that car is a prime example of what a 4 banger can do when modded correctly. I feel like this got moved to the video section so quickly because of the shitstorm of ignorance that would've inevitably been posted on this thread by non-believers.

Ya I wondered my it was moved. And the non-believers are what it is. The 5.0 is mine and I admit I got waxed. Its a bad ass EVO.

Users who are viewing this thread