68 Camaro goes down 2 to 1

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I went out to get some burgers and some movies. I decide to cruise down to the farther Mc D's just to see what's up. :D
I see this 96-98 GT jump out and get on it for a second. So I roll up to it and it's some old lady that was just jumping into traffic. We Stop at the light, then to my left the 68 rolls up. We look at each other and lock stares for that split second. :D
Light turns green and we cruise down to the next street and both take a right onto Dale Blvd. We both catch the next light and are up front. I'm in the left lane he is in the right. We just sit and wait, GREEN, we both come out pretty hard but I recover quicker and powershift to second then third and take it to 85 in third and left off. I look back and he is a solid 3 cars. We catch the very next light. This time there is a slight bend to the right, right after the light. I knew it was going to be tricky but what the hell. GREEN, we take off a little easier, this time on my powershift to second my rearend steps way out to the left and I have to back off. He passes me and claims that one. 1/1 :D We cruise for about 3 miles then get in a left turning lane. I'm up front he is right behind me. Green, I roll through the turn and he gets in the right lane. I keep steadily giving gas and take it up to 45 in first then shift to second. At 55 I give a lunge to let him know I'm about to go, he nods. I punch it and get a good 1 1/2 length on him, then he keeps it, I don't pull away but he doesn't get any closer. I take it up to 100 then back off he comes by and waves. I follow him for a bit and decide to try and get him to pull over but he doesn't do it. So I do a uey and run on home. All in all a very good race and he was a cool guy too.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Outstanding! I love racing the "old" musclecars, too - win or lose (cause they've been around sooo long, they're almost always modded to the max :D).

phillysrt4

Established Member
Nice set of runs there!!

pepsi21463 - I got your private message. I tried to reply but you have private messaging off... anyway... what you said in the message... thats cool with me.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Blue03Cobra said:
Outstanding! I love racing the "old" musclecars, too - win or lose (cause they've been around sooo long, they're almost always modded to the max :D).

I am one of the few. All stock and mostly original.

Nice run BTW. Nothing like hearing good ole detroit muscle though.

Users who are viewing this thread