66 Mustang coupe with a coyote swap

66 coyote

Established Member
You're going to love the TCI quality and workmanship. I installed the torque arm suspension in my 65 Mustang. Also, you are dropping some coin in this! Should be a great handler for sure.
g

Glad to here that, the whole package should work good together, I think it should it is going in great, instructions are good and everythnig semms of good quality.

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
subscribing to the sickest thread in svtp right now. can't wait to see the final product. I told the wife that once the engine goes out on our '65 that we should try to fit in a ecoboost. just a thought. :D

66 coyote

Established Member
subscribing to the sickest thread in svtp right now. can't wait to see the final product. I told the wife that once the engine goes out on our '65 that we should try to fit in a ecoboost. just a thought. :D

That would be very Cool have'nt seen that done yet, why wait that other motor may live to long, I won't tell if you loosen a few rockers that way you can start now lol

66 coyote

Established Member
Removed all the semi rusty sheet metal from the back and repalced it with fresh new stuff

image_zps41339693.jpg

oOut with the old in with the new

image_zpsfa487dc4.jpg

image_zpse87bc826.jpg

image_zpsbd9b6b69.jpg

image_zps93a37751.jpg

Dieselmanri

Established Member
Just a note about tire size and wheels with the TCI torque arm. I wanted to put in the widest tire I could. Also, I like the look of mild fender flares. The limiting factor for backspace is the panhard bar mount. I was able to use: 17 x 8 4.5 B.S in the front and 17 x9 5.00 B.S. rear.
With this rear rim you will need to modify the inner wheelhouse in the front. The wheelhouse narrows. So, all you need to do is add a wedge piece to widen. Also, as mentioned earlier, you will need to flare the fender. I added about an inch and I also rolled the lip.
hth
g

66 coyote

Established Member
Just a note about tire size and wheels with the TCI torque arm. I wanted to put in the widest tire I could. Also, I like the look of mild fender flares. The limiting factor for backspace is the panhard bar mount. I was able to use: 17 x 8 4.5 B.S in the front and 17 x9 5.00 B.S. rear.
With this rear rim you will need to modify the inner wheelhouse in the front. The wheelhouse narrows. So, all you need to do is add a wedge piece to widen. Also, as mentioned earlier, you will need to flare the fender. I added about an inch and I also rolled the lip.
hth
g

Thanks for the info much appreciated I already did the inner wheelhouse with the wedge piece think I will stay with 17 x 8 in the rear don't want to flare the back

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That would be very Cool have'nt seen that done yet, why wait that other motor may live to long, I won't tell if you loosen a few rockers that way you can start now lol

:lol:

I like the way you think!!!!!!!!!! Definitely subscribing to this thread, looks like a helluva build! :beer:

66 coyote

Established Member
Lower quarters had a couple small holes in them just went ahead and cut it a little higher

image_zpsf4ec3dbd.jpg

Here is the other side goin on

image_zpsc09ce5b9.jpg

Checking the alignment of the new hood and all the front end pieces

image_zps5e3ecf6f.jpg

image_zps96055302.jpg

66 coyote

Established Member
Rear suspension is in

image_zpsec6a4261.jpg

Ford 9 inch posi and 350 gear with torque arm and coilovers

image_zps2489a334.jpg

Its all tied together now front to back

image_zps7ccb712f.jpg

Opened up the front of the wheelwell and welded it back together for a little more tire

image_zps94d717cc.jpg

image_zpsa05947d8.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread