66 mile 93R on bat

Detroit Iron

Established Member
Premium Member
That was an impressive auction for that 93R. We all took these foxes for granted, now 30-40 years later there aren't that many left. The desirable mint ones will fetch top dollar. People have made a killing in stocks, RE, crypto...buying that object of desire from your younger years isn't that far of a stretch for many. Look at the market for Supras, BMW M3s, 911s, Vipers, Z06s/ZR1, turbo Buicks, etc.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It will probably be shill bidded to $220k….

BaT and eBay are breeding grounds for fraudulent vehicle bids (friends bidding up friends rides or seller having multiple accounts doing the same). I don’t trust either site for any type of vehicle “valuation” or true “sold” pricing.
Exact number in my head.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I do not include BAT as a gauge of current price. We don't know if the buyer really bought it.

At Mecum or B/J, you must prove that you can pay for it immediately. It's called a letter of credit from your bank. You have the money in the bank or will get sued and banned.

I have much of Mecum Florida on my DVR. I have not watched but 33% of it and no Fox body cars. The nice older 1965-1967 Ford Shelby cars are still strong. These were built at Shellby in CA before Ford moved production to Ohio.

I ordered a 2019 GT 350 after my dealer dropped the price under MSRP. It has a FPC engine with 526 Hp and will rev to almost 9000 Rpm.

I do drive it on nice days, I think I got around 7500 miles before the tires were junk, A sponsor here helped me on a new set. The new tires are perfect.

I am not saying the new one is better looking than the old 1993 Cobra R, but it is sure as hell much faster,

2019GT350MSRP.jpg

Cobra Jet

Established Member
I do not include BAT as a gauge of current price. We don't know if the buyer really bought it.

At Mecum or B/J, you must prove that you can pay for it immediately. It's called a letter of credit from your bank. You have the money in the bank or will get sued and banned.

I have much of Mecum Florida on my DVR. I have not watched but 33% of it and no Fox body cars. The nice older 1965-1967 Ford Shelby cars are still strong. These were built at Shellby in CA before Ford moved production to Ohio.

I ordered a 2019 GT 350 after my dealer dropped the price under MSRP. It has a FPC engine with 526 Hp and will rev to almost 9000 Rpm.

I do drive it on nice days, I think I got around 7500 miles before the tires were junk, A sponsor here helped me on a new set. The new tires are perfect.

I am not saying the new one is better looking than the old 1993 Cobra R, but it is sure as hell much faster,

View attachment 1824868
Your first paragraph is 100% true. eBay, BaT and the likes of similar online social platforms - we don’t know if that vehicle truly sold or exchanged hands (in some cases). Thats why I also never use those type of venues as any gauge to the true street or current market value.

As you said, to keep the playing field accurate and legit, there has to be certain avenues put into place like what Mecum does, or Barrett Jackson, etc. that definitely does not happen on eBay or BaT…. BaT used to be a good site to pick up decent vehicles for decent prices, until they got a bite of the money bug, and now their platform is just as bad as eBay’s when it comes to allowing anyone to jack the bids (or retract after the shill has been jacked)…. Sure large ending values look great for BaT, because that is the goal to rope in more sellers to sell on their platform so it looks like a viable venue and has “productive” results. Same is true with eBay, tons of complete “auctions” with high values - but if you take 5 of those vehicles and back track on their listing title OR the VIN via internet research, you’ll see it’s a vehicle that has been listed previously or one that is listed many times over (in some instances, even after a completed “sold” auction). eBay doesn’t care, as long as they’re raking in fees etc, it doesn’t matter to them if the vehicle was listed 20x, or if it sold or not.

——
I tried to watch some of the most recent Mecum line up - lots of very nice vehicles going through from what I saw. An original 1966 Ford GT40 hammered for over $6 Million…. Not really shocking considering its pedigree and it was with a single owner for many years, but that’s a true sale. Probably won’t see that car for another 30 years, just like when the original McQueen Bullitt hammered - that’s been gone from public eye for a few years now too….

There were a few SN95’s and Fox Mustangs in the Kissimmee, FL auction lots, but not sure if they were televised or I missed when they rolled through. You can see them when looking online at Mecum site.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
At Mecum the SAAC fox didnt sell at $115K

BUT a Saleen SSC with 6xx miles sold for $189k!!!

You can try to discount these sales as the "drunk guy", or what ever, BUT these are SALES, and are 100% viable "comps". We are seeing more and more six figure fox sales. There is still room to grow, for sure.

Cobra Jet

Established Member
Surprised at the SAAC not selling, even at $115k…. Some prefer the hatch SAAC over the convertibles, also color combos are another personal preference, aside from the actual SAAC Build # being a lower figure.

A few years back, SAAC’s were in the $70k-80k range, again depending on if hatch vs vert, color combo, low SAAC # and if the car had all of the original SAAC paperwork. They are definitely coming into the 93R valuations, especially for mothballed SAAC’s.

The other problem is, not many people outside of the true Mustang arena and Fox hobbyists even know what a Fox SAAC is…. Or that it even existed. All of the unique SAAC parts are also worth big $$$, because they’ve been obsolete for many years now. Sometimes the SAAC parts show up on eBay, but I haven’t seen any hard parts in the last few years.

For those who want to read more from the old SAAC forum Wayback machine archive, here ya go:

All of the old forum links in that above link work, which is cool so one can cruise all the old Fox SAAC threads. I used to belong to that site too.

In my own collection I have just these (2) SAAC items, since I collect original Ford Mustang Dealer brochures. The first image below is a Dealership only double sided 8x11 card.
IMG_2876.jpeg

The second image below is a full size fold out multi-page mailer brochure for those seeking to buy one of the MKI’s. The SAAC envelope is seen behind it and the small SAAC seal on the below inside page of the brochure has never been broken.
IMG_2875.jpeg

These won’t be “SAAC money”, but have certainly increased in value since I first acquired them over 30 years ago… LOL

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Very true statement.

The Fox Body I recently purchased was listed as sold on BaT for $18K. After talking to the owner he said the guy who bought it ended up backing out of the deal.

Owner said he felt the guy bid more than he could afford or wanted (i.e. bidding up and ended up winning) and then made all kinds of excuses to not pay. Bidder ended up telling BaT the car was not as represented in the auction.

BaT asked the owner if he wanted to sell to the second highest bidder. Second highest bidder said he wanted the owner to pay for inspections and shipping. So, it would seem the highest and second highest bidders were ass clowns. Probably playing around on BaT bidding up and ended up winning. Dumbasses....

Oh well, there stupidity was my gain LOL....

Users who are viewing this thread