650rwhp viper vs our friend slo vette (vid)

stangliter04

Established Member
Same goes with the C6Z's running 10's stock... Ranger does it and now thats the norm. Not so! Also I'd like to add your average Whipple/Kenne Bell Cobra, most still run mid to low 11's due to lack driver skills.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Same goes with the C6Z's running 10's stock... Ranger does it and now thats the norm. Not so! Also I'd like to add your average Whipple/Kenne Bell Cobra, most still run mid to low 11's due to lack driver skills.

Tell me about it man, because one of these vette guys can run in the 10's... suddenly it becomes a sales pitch @ a dealership, and then vette owners start tea bagging one-another because now all of a sudden their vette is capable of 10's. Its a bad case of ricer math is what it is.

red9450

Established Member
UM YES.

my C5Z made 385whp(headers, intake only) and would always win vs a bolt on pully'd cobra anyday of the week.

I know kevin personally, and he speaks the truth. that c5z with minor bolt-ons trapped in the 120ish range IIRC? He CAN drive, and unfortunately there are a lot more people out there with cars that make more power than the owners can handle ( 03 cobras come to mind. easy to make power with, relatively cheap to buy= a lot of owners who can't drive) So call bs all you want. I was a witness to it.

Last edited:

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I know kevin personally, and he speaks the truth. that c5z with minor bolt-ons trapped in the 120ish range IIRC? He CAN drive, and unfortunately there are a lot more people out there with cars that make more power than the owners can handle ( 03 cobras come to mind. easy to make power with, relatively cheap to buy= a lot of owners who can't drive) So call bs all you want. I was a witness to it.

wonder how your slobra would do against my c6z off the bottle :beer:

Catfood

Established Member
The new viper at 600hp is not significantly faster than the viper that had 500hp. Due to traction issues. The Z06 has been proven to be very close to stock 600hp viper times. So 1/2-1 car length leads at 140mph leads sounds about right with an untuned viper setup. The vette has great up top torque and aerodynamics. Is it so hard to believe that a cobra would lose to a little bit of a factory freak?? Even tho it has a little less than a 100 hp advantage?

THAITED

Established Member
The new viper at 600hp is not significantly faster than the viper that had 500hp. Due to traction issues. The Z06 has been proven to be very close to stock 600hp viper times. So 1/2-1 car length leads at 140mph leads sounds about right with an untuned viper setup. The vette has great up top torque and aerodynamics. Is it so hard to believe that a cobra would lose to a little bit of a factory freak?? Even tho it has a little less than a 100 hp advantage?

We are talking about 650 rwhp here on a Viper.....:shrug:

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
We are talking about 650 rwhp here on a Viper.....:shrug:

read my prior posts to this thread :read:

this viper is not making 650 rwhp. nobody makes heads and cam yet for the new vipers. nobody has cracked the ECU yet. the viper in this vid was not TT either. in fact it sounded to me like it had a corsa cat back system and maybe some headers which have been out for a while now. i run bellanger tri-y headers, random tech cats and a corsa catback exhaust on my '01 ACR :coolman: it gets even louder that viper does at WOT :rockon: my viper trans and rear end are geared down and i would kill those cars......

traction is not an issue for me and the sticky tires i run. even from a dig :-D

:beer:

Last edited:

THAITED

Established Member
read my prior posts to this thread :read:

this viper is not making 650 rwhp. nobody makes heads and cam yet for the new vipers. nobody has cracked the ECU yet. the viper in this vid was not TT either. in fact it sounded to me like it had a corsa cat back system and maybe some headers which have been out for a while now. i run bellanger tri-y headers, random tech cats and a corsa catback exhaust on my '01 ACR :coolman: it gets even louder that viper does at WOT :rockon: my viper trans and rear end are geared down and i would kill those cars......

traction is not an issue for me and the sticky tires i run. even from a dig :-D

:beer:

It would be nice to see you run the intake only C6Z06.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread