650-700RWHP 2.9l will shorty headers help

Garrett114

MeauxPower
Established Member
I was wondering if shorty headers would help if I put them on my 2.9 whipple Cobra right now I am running 20.5# mangnaflow cattless x and catback would shorty headers benefit me any r just stay with the stock logs longtubes r out of the question on this car

SlowSVT

Established Member
Better than stock, at least a little.

What he said (for the second time this week :-D)

I think at that power level there would be a strong urge to run LT's. The shorties will be the next best thing and you won't have the headaches associated with LT's. For me the hassles of LT's are worth pairing back the power goals which in this car are already excessive and run the shorties but that is just me.

Garrett114

MeauxPower
Established Member
I'm putting stepped headers on the 3.4 car but didn't want to buy another x pipe for the 2.9 car that's the only reason I didn't want to put LT on the 2.9 the car is just for cruises and the 3.4 is for max power

SlowSVT

Established Member
I'm putting stepped headers on the 3.4 car but didn't want to buy another x pipe for the 2.9 car that's the only reason I didn't want to put LT on the 2.9 the car is just for cruises and the 3.4 is for max power

You have a 2.9 car AND a 3.4 car but NO 2.3 car?

:nonono:

.............those are good for trips to the 7-Eleven

GodStang

Established Member
Are they better than stock maybe a little if you are running good boost. The thing is for the price and install time you may and I repeat may gain around 5-10rwhp if that.

moonltgold

I was wondering if shorty headers would help if I put them on my 2.9 whipple Cobra right now I am running 20.5# mangnaflow cattless x and catback would shorty headers benefit me any r just stay with the stock logs longtubes r out of the question on this car

Not much in "off the shelf" configuration -- maybe 8 hp and tq. It's a lot of work but they can be gutted out, ported out and modified which I did -- gets 15 hp/tq.

Users who are viewing this thread