65 mm bbk tb install

robjs111

Established Member
trying to install a 65 mm bbk tb on my 98 cobra. took off neg bat cable for 30 min. to reset comp. installed tb w/ tps but after 2nd start up throttle is sticking and check engine light is on. also slight hesitation. i loosen up two screws on tps and throttle is smooth but check engine light is still on. instructions w/ bbk tb list a plastic/rubber ring but no ring was included w/ set. what am i doing wrong? help. rob.

COBRASVT

Established Member
Two things...

1. What are the tps settings at idle and WOT? (car does not have to be running...do it with key on, but motor off)
Get your reading off the middle wire on the 3 wire connection.

2. Adjust the screw on the TB all the way in and test. This helped me with an idle issue I had back in December.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Good info COBRASVT.

Sorry to hear about you missing parts with the BB&K unit. Unfortunately I had similar experience with BB&K, resulting in me removing their name from any mod options in my future. As well as trying my best to discourage anyone from purchasing from them.

I would call whoever you bought the part from and explain to them that the rubber ring was missing. Explain to them the problems their product is causing, and hope they will rectify the situation. In my case they wouldn't since they claim it was only a fit/finish problem. Yep the CAI kit kept falling off the TB due to BB&K sending the wrong reducer coupling. They could send me another coupling, not refund my money though. Believe me the internal flow path of their stuff is very obstructed. That and the poor fit were my reasons for wanting a refund. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Users who are viewing this thread