65 fastback dyno and video finally!!!!

98Cobretti

Established Member
Well I got it over to superior automotive today and got it tuned on the dyno, and here are the results. My friend got some footage on the freeway and street a little, but I was only in 3rd gear and low rpm, but not low enough to go to 2nd so kind of in between gears when I punch it. Im happy with the output, it could be much higher with a bigger cam and more compression but I can live with it :) The car only weighs around 2900 lbs so 400hp aint too bad.
thefrogdyno.jpg

here is the vid...my first, no music, just engine. If one of you guys like Havoc or anyone who is good at editing video and stuff want to play with it and try and make it better, please do :)http://rapidshare.de/files/1226827/theFrogsmaller.mpg.html

Last edited:

JADITO

Crazy Mofo
Established Member
ive been waiting to see a vid of ur car for a long time now

WOW , that mofo sounds awesome
and it moves

great car u got there buddy

Last edited:

RyMac

Established Member
WOW.

That was worth the wait. I LOVE your car, and that video made it that much better. Well done. :thumbsup:

SOUnds BAD ASS!! :bowdown:

Ballistik8

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
damnit, can someone please host it elsewhere, i fuggin hate rapidshare, and so does my computer

thanks,
billy

MyLEEN00

Established Member
that is a badass car man. My dream car is a late 60's fastback. But you made that 65 PIMP!!

cornholio

Established Member
Very nice. You are correct about the bigger cam and more compression would/should = quite a bit more HP.

My '66 has a 331 stroker that put out those #'s as well. The difference is that I basically stuck the biggest cam that I could in there and kept the compression up around 11 to 1. They love the bigger cams. I have experimented with several sizes in the small block, and the bigger the better, no question.

The trick to the car is as you stated, the wieght. Power to wieght ratio. If you did'nt go with the 351, and went with the stroked 289, you would have shaved even another 100 lbs off.

Are you going to stay with the 3.25 gears? I guess that is more appropriate with the 4 speed.

Fantastic car and most importantly, drivve and enjoy it.

98Cobretti

Established Member
cornholio said:
Very nice. You are correct about the bigger cam and more compression would/should = quite a bit more HP.

My '66 has a 331 stroker that put out those #'s as well. The difference is that I basically stuck the biggest cam that I could in there and kept the compression up around 11 to 1. They love the bigger cams. I have experimented with several sizes in the small block, and the bigger the better, no question.

The trick to the car is as you stated, the wieght. Power to wieght ratio. If you did'nt go with the 351, and went with the stroked 289, you would have shaved even another 100 lbs off.

Are you going to stay with the 3.25 gears? I guess that is more appropriate with the 4 speed.

Fantastic car and most importantly, drivve and enjoy it.

Thanks everyone, I am happy to finally have it tuned and see what it put down to the ground. The engine was built originally with iron heads and so it has 9.5:1 compression, and I slapped those AFR heads on to make more power but it didnt lose or gain any compression. The cam is nothing too wild, its 238/247 duration @.050 and 512/536 lift (not chosen by me) This car was a work in progress by my dad, and he passed away a little over 2 years ago never finishing it. I finished the car over the last 2 years and its in memory of my pop. I'm happy with the power though, its fast enough for now. ;-) Im going to stay with the 3.25 gears because I have no overdrive. I have taken quite a bit of weight off, but added more, I saved weight with the fiberglass hood, fiberglass rear shelf, fiberglass r model front valance, no front bumper or hardware, aluminum heads etc, but I have added the 351w block, roll bar, subframe connectors. Its still a light car though :) I will be at the Fabulous Fords at Knotts next weekend, if you guys go, swing by and say Hi!

Last edited:

98Cobretti

Established Member
406 'velle said:
sweet car dude :thumbsup:
Thanks man, say how much do you dyno with your 406? Sounds like you have a nice engine over there, probably got me beat on power. :) I absolutely love cars man! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread