64 in a 60 zone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

97cobraheaven

Established Member
driving down I-35 tonight here in Oklahoma, I see the officer merge onto the highway. So I watch my speed, hovering between 62-65 and still behind the officer. I am in the middle lane, the officer is in the right lane behind a Wal-mart 18 wheeler maybe going 60. I just keep on cruisin and slowly pass the officer and the Big rig. I signal and get over into the left lane and bam! the officer is on me with lights a goin.

Yes, I am surprised he is pulling me over. Surely not for a 64 in a 60? So when he gets to my window and says I was speeding and the speed limit is 60 and its not smart to pass an officer. So I hand over my info and he walks away. He comes back with a warning and tells me to slow it down. He was nice through out the ordeal as was I but my question is

Is this normal practice? I cant argue that the speed limit is 60mph and I guess if I was going 61 he could pull me over, or is there really a window that you can float in on the speed limit?

Nice guy and I was thankful for the warning and maybe he was just pulling me over to let everyone else know he is out there. But I would have been pretty pissed if he actually gave me a ticket

kevin01cobra

Friendly MerShaq
Established Member
I was pulled over when I was going 3 miles over, 33 or maybe 32 in a 30 down a hill, He ran my plates, checked my liscense with his eyes and never told me my speed, just that I was speeding. He told me to slow it down.
But all in all it was just a warning,I was stopped for 30 secs max, so it was a happy day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread