600whp??

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Turbo 408 and be done.

I think ill look into a Dart 351 and turbo. Would it be more cost effective to do a supercharger over a turbo though? It seems they are around the same price but im not sure about install. I would not be doing it myself.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

2004TBV

Living the dream
Established Member
Forget 600rwhp, 500 in these light cars will feel like 600-650rwhp in a Cobra. My 500hp Fox feels like my Cobra did when I first through a 2.2 on it. I'm just saying.

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Little update. My builder has a brand new R302 block and I am in the process of building a 347 with a street Vortech.Will be built right just in case I want 1000+ hp later ;). My builder is letting me pay as I get the money so no rush. Can't wait!!

racerbox77

Established Member
Little update. My builder has a brand new R302 block and I am in the process of building a 347 with a street Vortech.Will be built right just in case I want 1000+ hp later ;). My builder is letting me pay as I get the money so no rush. Can't wait!!

What is a "street Vortech"? S-trim or T-trim maybe?

What kind of heads etc are you planning?

1bad04cobra

Established Member
Sorry guys yes T-trim and Twisted Wedge heads. Itll be a while until it's complete..have alot of other work to the car to restore..but I will be consistent with the engine build and as the long block is coming together, I'll post pics. I'm still not sure with some of the specific parts I'll be using yet. I would like to have everything engine wise as well as transmission ect.. together and installed by late summer-early fall. It's gonna be nasty. The problem is I'll have no money for paint until i replenish my acct lol and the car is rough on the exterior. All body panels are matching and it's a rust free car from Florida but high miles with many dings and looks like someone recoated the faded paint from the fl sun in their garage. I'll be freaking some people out that got their feelings hurt by what looks like a POS. lol!!

Last edited:

BigWill90

Established Member
351 base motor with a power adder will defiantly get you where you wanna be I went with a 408 with nitrous made 700 at the tires it was a blast to drive now Iam trying a coyote swap with a blower plan on going 9s and still get over 20 miles to the gallon I wonder how many Windsor's making 600 to the rear can do that.

Last edited:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
351 base motor with a power adder will defiantly get where you wanna be I went with a 408 with nitrous made 700 at the tires it was a blast to drive now Iam trying a coyote swap with a blower plan on going and still get over 20 miles to the gallon I wonder how many Windsor's making 600 to the rear can do that.

my NA 408 with a carb got 8mpg if i stayed out of it and drove like an old lady:bash:

Users who are viewing this thread