600rwhp on pump gas

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I'm planning out my build, and this is my goal. I'd like to make 600rwhp on pump gas, no nitrous, no meth with either a centri or single turbo although at this point I'm leaning towards a centri because of packaging.

Is 600hp doable at 10:1 compression w/93 octane? Should I be build a 9:1 compression motor? I'd like to run as high a compression as is possible to reach my goals for the best off-boost performance as this is a street car that'll see the road course a time or two a year.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was at high 500's on 91 octane. So I would think 600 is doable on 93. I'm at 9.5:1 and never had any issues. Not that I had a chance to crank the boost up. I was only at 14psi.

I would seriously consider going turbo though. The power potential is a lot better.

po-po 5.0

Established Member
I was at high 500's on 91 octane. So I would think 600 is doable on 93. I'm at 9.5:1 and never had any issues. Not that I had a chance to crank the boost up. I was only at 14psi.

I would seriously consider going turbo though. The power potential is a lot better.

I realize that I'm sacrificing power to spin a blower vs a turbo, but the low hanging exhaust tubing and overall complexity of turbo kits puts me off a bit. Not that I'm incapable of doing an install, but that I want something I can drive without worrying about road debris ripping my exhaust off and/or having to tighten clamps every few days.

Also, the car will remain a stick car on regular street tires making the turbo harder to spool and harder to hook up. I'm still considering it, though.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I wouldn't consider it if you open track.. 600rwhp can be done easily with a proper setup centri car..

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
8:5.1 compression for safety reason, I have 4.10's so off boost is still awesome.. I had a 9.1 compression motor and notice no difference at all. My car is also tuned super conservative.. 18psi and 18 degrees of timing and a super fat AFR.. My tuner says there is another 50+rwhp on just my street tune alone

Jamie R.

Established Member
592 rwhp on pump gas here. Simple combo. D1sc with a 3.2 pulley, '04 term long block, my intake cams, ported intake, & 8 rib conversion. Off boost the car drives fine and under boost pulls hard with the 4.30 gear.

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra on the Cover of MM&FF's August '07 Issue

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
600hp on regular street tires is going to be hard to hook no matter what power adder.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
It'll hook.. you just can't go around stabbing it in 1-2nd.. I have KDW2's and I hook from 3rd every time.. 1st and 2nd are useless though lol.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It'll hook.. you just can't go around stabbing it in 1-2nd.. I have KDW2's and I hook from 3rd every time.. 1st and 2nd are useless though lol.

That's why I went to DR's. I still remember shortly after I put the blower on I was getting on the freeway and misjudged traffic so I goosed it. After staring at traffic through the driver side window I got off the freeway, went to Discount Tire, and had drag radials installed. Never had an issue after that.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
My car makes 638 on 93 octane. My motor runs 9.0:1 compression. I think you'll be fine with what you're looking for

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread