600RWHP Naturally Aspirated Coyote

ford20

Established Member
Yep cams are locked out with the RGR Lightweight cam phaser delete plates.

[video=youtube;bbWBp44IN-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbWBp44IN-w[/video]

This is all I have right now. The audio quality didn't translate over very well so it is fairly quiet and way different sounding than in person.

corysmach1

Established Member
Yep cams are locked out with the RGR Lightweight cam phaser delete plates.

[video=youtube;bbWBp44IN-w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbWBp44IN-w[/video]

This is all I have right now. The audio quality didn't translate over very well so it is fairly quiet and way different sounding than in person.

Thats badass buddy. Did you go with the 314 RGR short block JPC offers? The car has to feel like an animal. I eventually wanna do a very similar build to yours but 14:1 Compression.

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Thats badass buddy. Did you go with the 314 RGR short block JPC offers? The car has to feel like an animal. I eventually wanna do a very similar build to yours but 14:1 Compression.

Could 93 be run with compression like that? If not what's the max compression 93 fuel can be ran with? Thanks!

noldevin

Established Member
Could 93 be run with compression like that? If not what's the max compression 93 fuel can be ran with? Thanks!

Definitely not gonna be running 93 on 14:1. Typically you won't see people going much above 11.5:1 on 93 in a coyote. MAYBE 12:1 in rare cases. It's almost not worth bumping compression on pump gas.

ford20

Established Member

When I did the math on this it was roughly:

Displacement = V1 x number of cylinders
Displacement = 40.8580788 X 8
Displacement = 326.8646304

Brian Patterson is going to be running a 13:1 compression 304 CI motor IIRC so when his is done the results should be pretty interesting on that and should get you a good idea on what a high compression motor would do.

Like Devin said though, not many people run a 12:1 compression on straight pump 93 or they go really conservative on the tune. On Darren's old motor which I believe was 12:1 he made less power on 93 than my 11:1 compression motor did because they had to go conservative in the tune. We stayed with the stock 11:1 compression since this will still be a street car until I mod it to the point where it is no longer enjoyable on the street haha. I would say 11.5:1 would be a safe stopping point for 93, but by the same token I throw in a bottle of Lucas Octane booster through it with every tank for added security.

This was a pretty interesting read on Octane Boosters I thought

http://volvospeed.com/Review/misc_performance_volvo_reviews/octane_bosters_general.html

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Definitely not gonna be running 93 on 14:1. Typically you won't see people going much above 11.5:1 on 93 in a coyote. MAYBE 12:1 in rare cases. It's almost not worth bumping compression on pump gas.

Thanks man for the reply. What do you think the power difference would be between 11:1 to 11:5:1?

corysmach1

Established Member
When I did the math on this it was roughly:

Displacement = V1 x number of cylinders
Displacement = 40.8580788 X 8
Displacement = 326.8646304

Brian Patterson is going to be running a 13:1 compression 304 CI motor IIRC so when his is done the results should be pretty interesting on that and should get you a good idea on what a high compression motor would do.

Like Devin said though, not many people run a 12:1 compression on straight pump 93 or they go really conservative on the tune. On Darren's old motor which I believe was 12:1 he made less power on 93 than my 11:1 compression motor did because they had to go conservative in the tune. We stayed with the stock 11:1 compression since this will still be a street car until I mod it to the point where it is no longer enjoyable on the street haha. I would say 11.5:1 would be a safe stopping point for 93, but by the same token I throw in a bottle of Lucas Octane booster through it with every tank for added security.

This was a pretty interesting read on Octane Boosters I thought

http://volvospeed.com/Review/misc_performance_volvo_reviews/octane_bosters_general.html

I run E85 full time. We have it here locally. Been running it for 3 years. I am super curious to see what Brian's car does. I hope it does well. I've talked to numerous engine builders for these cars and they say 1 point of compression is worth a solid 10-12+rwhp.....so if that's the case 30+rwhp is to be had in just compression alone giving you have the proper fuel which E85 is. I think your car made very good power....585 on E85? Did they tell you that you could have more power going stand alone ECU for more RPM? Curious because the one Rev Auto did is doing a stand alone and says there is more power to be had....it made 607 but I have no clue the setup.

Last edited:

ford20

Established Member
I run E85 full time. We have it here locally. Been running it for 3 years. I am super curious to see what Brian's car does. I hope it does well. I've talked to numerous engine builders for these cars and they say 1 point of compression is worth a solid 10-12+rwhp.....so if that's the case 30+rwhp is to be had in just compression alone giving you have the proper fuel which E85 is. I think your car made very good power....585 on E85? Did they tell you that you could have more power going stand alone ECU for more RPM? Curious because the one Rev Auto did is doing a stand alone and says there is more power to be had....it made 607 but I have no clue the setup.

I have to try out the E85 tune still as I haven't had a chance to run any through the system lol. I just noticed a few stations pop up around here, but if anyone can take advantage of E85 and convert the car to E85 I would 100% say to take advantage of the power and up the compression even if it is just 1 point and you are building the motor. Every little bit helps when you are staying N/A lol.

For the car being stock compression, I am extremely happy with how the engine finished making power in all honesty. I know that people will be making more than I will or come close to me, but they are also running the higher compression lol. This was a message I got from Eric at like 7 at night while they were still working on the tune:

30150153901_cb192ff1e8_b.jpg

I think with the AEM Infinity we could have squeezed some more power out of the car for sure and we would have hit the 600 mark, but since the car is still a street car, I don't know how that would work out. Same with Darren's car (The Rev Auto one), once he gets the infinity installed and he can really wind the car out to its full potential you will see higher than the 607 on the X85 tune and then when he runs the MS109 it is going to be absolutely crazy!! I don't want to say too much about Darren's car since he has said some things in certain groups and he does compete in American Iron Extreme, but without saying too much, his motor is both compression and cubes and he is making some solid power without a doubt and there are still some more areas where I think we can both pick up some additional power along the way. I'm sure by the time I have to refresh the motor there will be some more knowledge out on forums about the N/A cars and hopefully some more products on the market so that we can up power more than we already have haha.

I'm excited to see the MMR heads as from the very limited info I have read they will hopefully be better than the GT350 heads, so I am curious how they would preform against something like the ported heads that we see on the market today and if they would be able to hold up to the rigors of road course duty because if so, they are going on the checklist and I will be saving my pennies for those haha. Maybe Ford will also come out with a head that is better than the GT350 lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread