600hp Mach 1 vs stock Ford GT

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Coming home last Saturday night from a day long get together with other Mustang and Mach 1 owners, I had the run of my life as far as I'm concerned!

I was cruising in the left lane, when I saw in my rearview, a set of headlights approaching in the right lane, that looked different from anything else around them. I'm thinking it's a Porche, or some other exotic sports car, since it appeared to be really low to the ground, and that turned out to be somewhat accurate. They were coming fast, and as they got up to about my rear quarter panel, I downshifted and let her unwind a bit. Thats when I caught the profile of the car next to me out of the corner of my eye, and realized, holy crap, that's a Ford GT!!

It did turn out to be a tungsten silver Ford GT, looked and sounded stock, but it sure got my attention, as I suddenly realized maybe I bit off a little more than I can chew here! We had some clear road in front of us, so I kept into it and I started pulling on the GT by about a car length, until we came up on a long sweeping curve to the left, which had me on the inside and him on the outside. With his lower center of gravity, along with a whole lot better suspension than I got, he whipped around the corner and pulled out to about a two or three car lead over me, as I had to be real careful that I didn't spin out. Exiting the corner, I laid into it and was reeling him back in, and had caught up to his rear fender, when we had to slow down for traffic and traffic lights.

At that point we wound up side by side at a light, with substantial traffic around us, so we just did a couple of short bursts, and I seemed to have the advantage pulling out from a dig, which really surprised me!

We caught another light, and he put his window down, mine were already down, and I heaped the praise on his beautiful ride, and to my surprise, he said both he and his young passenger were big fans of Mach 1's! He asked if I had a blower, and of course I said, yeah, a Kenne Bell, and he said ahh ha, that explains what happened back there. It was totally cool, we were chatting up each other like we were old pals, and then he realized that in his zest to run with me, he was actually heading in the wrong direction, and needed to make a u-turn, so I let him over in front of me so he could turn around.

Even though it wasn't a flat out, balls to the wall street race, that encounter just made my whole weekend!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Great race, those Ford GT's are beautiful to look at. There are two around where I live at but hardly hit the streets. It turns head's though, great car's :thumbsup: Chances of another race like this happening are slim to none, congrats!

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Great race, those Ford GT's are beautiful to look at. There are two around where I live at but hardly hit the streets. It turns head's though, great car's :thumbsup: Chances of another race like this happening are slim to none, congrats!
They are awesome, especially that Tungsten color at night under street lights! I never in a million years thought I would ever get the chance to run side by side with a Ford GT! I've seen quite a few of them, but they're usually sitting perfectly still at a car show or in a dealership.

Hissssss

Fox body lover
Established Member
Sounds like a whole lot of fun, you will be talking about those runs for quite a while I bet..H.

joeason1010

Banned
Ya there incredible machines I think those Tornado intakes they put in them are what make them so fast JK ya they're pretty fast

amxguy1970

Established Member
600 rear wheel sounds about right to walk a GT, don't they dyno 500+ stock? Equal weight cars but he is much better geared and better aero dynamics. Good run OP.

Tyler

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
^^^I've heard of stock GT's putting down 500 rwhp. I guess Ford under rated them too.
Awesome race OP. The GT's are sick cars with MASSIVE potential.

ModularFan

Established Member
I get to see one every day, my neighbor has one, I think its got like 720HP and like 640 TQ. He's got a Whipple W210AX on it. its white with blue stripes.

Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
^^^I've heard of stock GT's putting down 500 rwhp. I guess Ford under rated them too.
Awesome race OP. The GT's are sick cars with MASSIVE potential.

Most will put down ~515rwhp on an accurate dyno (if that can be said). They only have 7-10% drivetrain loss and make about 575fwhp.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
VERY NICE TR.

I'm not surprised that you pulled from a dig though. That's your strong point, just like his was around the corners.

VERY VERY kickass experience IMO.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Awesome runs! And that's very cool that he was a good guy about it.

Quick question, though: your sig says 527/495. What are your current numbers?

2k3gt

Established Member
Most will put down ~515rwhp on an accurate dyno (if that can be said). They only have 7-10% drivetrain loss and make about 575fwhp.

Yeah I heard those new front wheel drive GTs are the bomb!!

Users who are viewing this thread