$600....what to do with it

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
Just got $600 for my old winter beater. I was thinking of a nitrous kit. Any other suggestions. I have the mods in my sig.

01vert

Established Member
Gears, always there and a good kit should use a warmer, window kit,blowoff (if tracked) and will cost more than $600 total

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
01vert said:
Gears, always there and a good kit should use a warmer, window kit,blowoff (if tracked) and will cost more than $600 total

Maybe I'll just save it for now. I want to swap in a live axel if I can find a doner car and I totally didn't think about gears. Gears should be before anything else anyway.

JebTonkin

That's what she said.....
Established Member
poneypower said:
Maybe I'll just save it for now. I want to swap in a live axel if I can find a doner car and I totally didn't think about gears. Gears should be before anything else anyway.
Well don't do gears before a solid axle swap that would be stupid. I say save it for your nitrous kit.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
JebTonkin said:
Well don't do gears before a solid axle swap that would be stupid.

hehe yeah I wouldn't do that.

I think I might have found a doner car but I need to talk with the guy first and see what he is doing with the car.

poneypower

They call me Shipwreck!
Established Member
well after a lot of pounding the boards and talking with some friends, I think I am going to take my $600 plus a little more and take the red pill http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231900

I don't plan on getting near 500rwhp. The only reason I worry is because I snapped a half-shaft when I had nothing on the car but the densecharger and people were amazed that it broke when I was stock. Since I am planning on some spray, I think that getting the rear end in order should be my first priority

Users who are viewing this thread