600 hp guys

leach

Silver Fox
Established Member
Are you running the stock transmission with your built blocks?
If you are how are they holding up with 600+ hp?

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Yes, with a good quality stall and a valve body (along with regular fluid and filter changes) the stock trans can hold up very well on the street and pretty well on the strip. I am going to run mine until at least next year, that's the plan anyhow.

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
I am no where near those numbers, but I can tell you that the trans is the same one used in the Super Duty trucks, and it's beefed up from thier. I have never heard of any issues accept with peolple upping the line pressure, it'll over work the pump.

boca ron

Banned
built level 10 here, had no choice but to do it stock burnt-up, had vb, budget stall might have played a roll in failure, it was the first thing to go, then a pi, no probs for about a month then stock tranny with vb fried, n20 may have been a contributing factor as well however my jlp spec level 10 is one of my favorite mods, i really like how it performs so well in many different vs. the stocker. Same thing with rollbarred his stocker held up for a little while, it got him in the 10s a few times then after a couple of months built tranny time, i think it may boil down to how hard and how often you really lean on them. One guys 600 horse motor may run 5 10 years cuz he babys it and flogs it ocassionally, and another guys 600 hp motor will last 2. Over stressed parts break or fail. I believe that if you dont overtax to often the 4-R100 itll be ok. Its just a matter of time

Vette Eater

Established Member
I ahve the stock tranny with a Lentech convertor and a mod valve...It runs as good as the day it came off the showroom and I put down 596/648 on a Mustang Dyno...However, now that I have the JLP sheetmetal intake and 100shot, I think it maybe time to save up for the tranny. I'm going to get tuned next month...again...hopefully it will hold together.

boca ron

Banned
we own over 150 commercial properties from Boca to Boston,most of which are here in downtown boca raton. Check out Investments Limited .com our portfolio is pretty impressive so the volume and mix of tenants is very broad and everchanging hence my need for a larger space as i had more stuff coming in than i could get out, my field office is currently at same local until Bellsouth and cable people get it right i think things will pan out in the next day or 2 thanks for asking boca ron

blown9350lx

JazboSVT
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Yes, with a good quality stall and a valve body (along with regular fluid and filter changes) the stock trans can hold up very well on the street and pretty well on the strip. I am going to run mine until at least next year, that's the plan anyhow.

+1

Mines holding great.

SM0KESH0W

Boostaholic
Established Member
Well, I am going to mix up the pot here.. LOL..

Broke 2 trannies in complete stock trim..
1 in slightly modded form... so I skipped the stock road the last time and got a monster box.

I wouldn't trade it for the world... I love it almost as much as I love my cams...

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Stock tranny, PI converter, started loosing 2nd. BTS tranny, priceless. Im not at 600 yet, but soon...

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Yeah my tranny worked fine with my Built block, and MP at about 550 RWHP... But the first pass i made with the whipple, it wouldn't shift in time, and bounced off the rev limiter!! My shift points were set at 5800, and my redline was set at 64-6500 RPM!! Still didn't shift in time! Made about 4 other passes to see if anything would change.....nope .......burnt the 2nd gear clutches..... Not saying the extra HP/Tq caused it to fail, but it certainly didn't help it!! On the street it acted normal, just under WOT it wouldn't shift right!!

Now I have a Circle D built tranny, it's a total monster now!!! The shifts hurt your neck........just how I like it!!

Don't get me wrong the stock trannys are strong, but can only take so much!!

Kenny:)

mifordman

Established Member
i bought my truck with 53k miles......trans went a week later.........but the truck might not have been stock before i bought it.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
What does a built tranny run these days dollar wise? When I had my mustang tranny built,it was a grand..Just curious how much to get the stock tranny built..

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
DSG03LTNG said:
Yeah my tranny worked fine with my Built block, and MP at about 550 RWHP... But the first pass i made with the whipple, it wouldn't shift in time, and bounced off the rev limiter!! My shift points were set at 5800, and my redline was set at 64-6500 RPM!! Still didn't shift in time! Made about 4 other passes to see if anything would change.....nope .......burnt the 2nd gear clutches..... Not saying the extra HP/Tq caused it to fail, but it certainly didn't help it!! On the street it acted normal, just under WOT it wouldn't shift right!!

Now I have a Circle D built tranny, it's a total monster now!!! The shifts hurt your neck........just how I like it!!

Don't get me wrong the stock trannys are strong, but can only take so much!!

Kenny:)

:uh oh: . Damn bro I didn't know you went with Circle D or even burnt your stock tranny up for that matter...........My tranny seems to be holding up fine for now. I'm sure its on its way out especially how I drive it. Oh well :burnout:

falstaff

Established Member
built trannie with convertor is 3800 plus shipping to and from where ever. I paid 375 for the shipping to and from (total) orlando and another 300 to have it installed.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
falstaff said:
built trannie with convertor is 3800 plus shipping to and from where ever. I paid 375 for the shipping to and from (total) orlando and another 300 to have it installed.
Wow!!!

DSG03LTNG

618 [email protected] PSI
Established Member
Silver04'L said:
:uh oh: . Damn bro I didn't know you went with Circle D or even burnt your stock tranny up for that matter...........My tranny seems to be holding up fine for now. I'm sure its on its way out especially how I drive it. Oh well :burnout:

Yeah thats why it kept bouncing off the rev limiter, the clutches were slipping to much to shift in time!!

:thumbsup: Kenny

Users who are viewing this thread