600 hp 66 mustang magazine car w/ 65k invested

Spencer Harris

Established Member
The car is a 66 ford mustang coupe that started it’s life out as a inline 6 banger. Complete roitissore restoration, completely soda blasted and rebuilt from scratch. Body changes are as follows; 3 inch cowl fiberglass hood, no emblems left on car, shelby r style front valence with front bumper delete, gas cap shaved and relocated to interior of trunk compartment. The engine was built completely and dynoed by Ford Performance Solutions in la. The motor is a 418 c.i. 351 stroker!! The block is a late model 351 lightning hydraulic roller block, Scat billet crankshaft, Eagle Rods, and Probe forged pistons, compression is about 10:1. Heads are Edelbrock Victor Jr. stage three ported heads that are portmatched to a Edelbrock Super Victor Intake topped with a Demon 750 carb. Edelbrock waterpump and Ford Performance 130 amp alternator, Ford Racing valve covers, Comp Cams custom grind hydraulic roller camshaft and lifters, Canton 7 quart oil pan, Hooker Super Comp ceramic coated slip tube headers. As far as the engine compartment; Griffin aluminum radiator for a 67 big block so it’s 6 inches wider than the stock opening in the radiator support(cools the big motor perfectly), MSD 6al and billet distributor system. Transmission and drivetrain; Tremec TKO five speed with a Mcleod scattershield, Mcleod street twin dual disc clutch, John’s Mustangs hydraulic clutch system, Pro 5.0 shifter tower with Hurst shifter and t-handle, custom aluminum driveshaft with heavy duty u-joints, built 9 inch rearend with Strange nodular iron housing and Strange heavy duty pinion carrior and Strange 3.89 gear sets with a Auburn Gear Pro limited slip differential. Strange also provided 31 spline axles. Exhaust is a dumped complete three inch with Hooker Aerochamber mufflers. Front suspension is all stock style but high performance replacement springs and a-arms and everything, rear is from Calvert Racing, the Caltracsbars with their mono-leaf springs. Fuel handled by a Fuel Safe fuel cell and custom fueling system with Barry Grant electric fuel pump and stainless steel braided fuel lines with a return line back to the fuel cell. Holley Eliminator racing battery relocated to trunk area. Brakes handled by Stainless Steel Brake Company with 11 inch disc brakes up front with 4 piston aluminum brake calipers and a billet dual brake reservoir, rear brakes custom Currie Enterprises huge drum brakes. Wheels taken care of by Vintage Wheel Works v40’s one piece billet aluminum 16x8 rims all around with 225/45/16 front and 245/45/16 dunlop tires in the back with 4/5 of the tread left. Interior custom leather done by Stitchcraft Interiors of Westminster in la. It’s a light grey leather interior with matching colored german suede carpet. Scat Procar seats, re-wired and re-foamed rear seat to match design and shape of front bucket seats, JME Enterprises billet aluminum custom guage pod with Autometer Phantom white faced guages, custom dash also wrapped in light grey leather, tinted windows, custom mini center console and shifter boot all matched with leather, headliner done in leather. Ididit tilt steering column with Lecarra leather wrapped shelby style steering wheel, Total Control Products manual rack and pinion steering system. Wiring is handled by a Ron Francis Wire Works custom wiring harness for the entire car and all new bolts and hardware and the like were also purchased, no origional hardware on the vehicle except for the origional trunk lid and one front fender and that’s it everything was replaced on thecar with brand new equipment and hardware. The engine made 600 horse power and about 580 lbs of torque on an engine dyno and actually considering is a very streetable set up that has the power to back up the sound of the motor and looks of the car. The car was featured in the Mustangs and Fords magazine and the engine build up at Ford Performance Solutions was as well featured in the same magazine. A guy from Car Craft magazine gave me a card and told me to call them and they would do an article on the magazine also but I never called them back.
I’ve put well over 60 to 65 thousand dollars into this car and have seen it through every step of it’s creation however I’ve recently gotten married and it’s a toy that may need to go in order to make some room for more important things as you may well understand. I hate to get rid of this beautiful car but feel that I need to. Please let me know what you think of the car and get back to me on your level of interest. My contact information; cell phone number is 661-706-3467, e-mail is [email protected] and I can be reached almost anytime. I live in Bakersfield, California. I’m asking 26,000 for the car. Please pm me or e-mail or call me with any questions or more info and/or pictures.

Users who are viewing this thread