60' was terrible need advice

ridered494

Established Member
Ya so went to the 1/8 in natural bridge and had fun but could not get the car to come off the line right. The passes I made the best 60' was a 2.0 on bascially new 315 mickeys. The car would either bog out from 3k or spin like crazy from 4k. Never did get to try in the middle of those. Best pass made was a 7.75 at 94 and the best mph i got out was 99.8. So knowing this, and being my second time on the track what should I do. I would imagine the car is capable of more but who knows. Thanks, Justin

JASPERSVT

BOOST, my anti drug.
Established Member
Ive only been to track twice since ive got tires. I usally bog, but i launched at like 2k rpm and mine hook great. Are you heating your tires good?

niterydr

Established Member
What tire pressure were you running?

I had this problem my first time with my new drag radials. Do not just dump the clutch. Take it to 4K or higher and just slip the clutch out. When I did this I started eating away at my 60' and ended the night with a 60' that was .4 sec faster than my first one.

The main thing is practice, practice, practice. You have to find where your car is happy. It may take a little while, but once you find it, you'll be golden.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
First off what are your mod's because 99mph is pretty much moving.

Now if you have 18" wheels which I'm guessing then there's no way you should just "dump it" with those drag radials. One bad wheel hop and you'll snap a halfshaft. Just slip it really fast.

ridered494

Established Member
What tire pressure were you running?

I had this problem my first time with my new drag radials. Do not just dump the clutch. Take it to 4K or higher and just slip the clutch out. When I did this I started eating away at my 60' and ended the night with a 60' that was .4 sec faster than my first one.

The main thing is practice, practice, practice. You have to find where your car is happy. It may take a little while, but once you find it, you'll be golden.

I was setting on 18

Now if you have 18" wheels which I'm guessing then there's no way you should just "dump it" with those drag radials. One bad wheel hop and you'll snap a halfshaft. Just slip it really fast.

Ya they are they stock wheels. I will never just dump it. I might have been a lil happy and left off a too quick. As far as mod's 2.7 upper, stage 5 port, tb and plenum, no lower will the usually other goodies.

1Quick4.6

Established Member

I was setting on 18

Ya they are they stock wheels. I will never just dump it. I might have been a lil happy and left off a too quick. As far as mod's 2.7 upper, stage 5 port, tb and plenum, no lower will the usually other goodies.

on 17s, 18s aren't stock rider lol:beer: you wanna go get a :beer: tonight man

Last edited:

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
What kind of suspension setup do you have? Try heating the tires up alot more, about 14-16 PSI of air, and even loosening/removing the front sway bar, you'll notice a dramatic improvement over the current results.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member

Put a real tire under the car and let it eat.

why??? dr is where is at... the SSO record is currently being held by a 275/60-15 dr...

:edit:

the fact that hes on an 18 is whats killing him... not the dr or anything.

and the SSO record also is on a stock suspension car.

Last edited:

ridered494

Established Member
gimme some details on the suspension and i'll let ya know how to get it to hook...

The suspension in the car is all stock.

What kind of suspension setup do you have? Try heating the tires up alot more, about 14-16 PSI of air, and even loosening/removing the front sway bar, you'll notice a dramatic improvement over the current results.

I really dont like drivin without the front sway bar. I might take it off just for some fri night at the track. And drop the tire pressure that much? seriously? :shrug:

He talkin bout tire pressure 4.6er boy not rim size. And where the hell was my invite to the :beer:? I do more :beer: than JB especially when hes on the tictacs :beer:

Look here i only got a few tictacs left and then its game on. We all head out for the :beer: get together.

Users who are viewing this thread