60 to 80 vibration

Bllit11

Established Member
I had my tires roadforced again lf .017 rf .010 lr.010.rr.003 all well within spec. Tool it to the dealer service manager drove it he felt it and said he wouldn't know where to start.He called ford still waiting on an answer. Drove it to work on the hiway it starts at 58mph you feel it in the steering wheel and accelerator and seat and you can hear it as well. At 80 mph you feel it in the seat and accelerator not the steering wheel, you can push the clutch in and it stay's the same. Turn the wheel side to side no difference. The service manager also said I might have to live with it until it gets worse. I told him i would call ford still waiting. It started this before my new clutch was installed and has gotten worse the super sports helped a little as well as the bmr panhardbar, but it's driving me nuts. Other than the tires and panhardbar the car is stock,the bar was installed to center the rearend.Any ideas?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
So nothing below 60 and it goes away above 80?

What gear are you in (or doesn't it matter) and what is the rpm range when in that gear between 60 and 80? If you mimic the same rpm range but in another gear (so the speeds will be different) does it do the same thing?

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Maybe check for a bent axle if you feel it in the seat? I have heard of a couple bending axles doing launches with little traction on the street maybe advance track is putting the brakes on against all the tuorqe just a shot in the dark normally if you feel it mostly in the wheel it is something up front if you feel it all through the body its is rear related. Good luck man--

Bllit11

Established Member
Yes it goes away at 80. I was also thinking about a bent axle.I have launched it before the clutch replacement. yeah I think it's in the rear. I love the car, but, i've about had enough. I'm beginning to miss my 2011.

railroad

Established Member
When you push the clutch in, put it in neutral. That will stop the input shaft from turning reducing the number of items turning. You may not want to get into it, but the driveshaft may be creating the problem. If it is not damaged, you can rotate it on the pinion flange to the next 90* position and see if the problem is affected or cured. Each position can be tried if you want. If you get it on a rack, make sure there is no visual damage on the driveshaft.
good luck,

Myfast70

Established Member
Just by chance, does it change at all if you were to use a different steering mode? How bad does the steering wheel shake if you were to let go of it and does the intensity of the shake get worse if you were to let it go?

Bllit11

Established Member
I tried different steering modes no difference. The steering wheel does not shake I think you feel it through the car its self then higher the speed its more to the rear. I have put it in neutral no change.I am waiting to see what ford says tomorrow.Surely they won't blame the panhardbar because its aftermarket it seemed to help alittle. I'm with you guys axle or driveshaft.It was doing this before anything was done to the car as in new clutch tires and the panhardbar. On a good note the new clutch is doing great.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I think its the axle. Jack the car up and do the test yourself. roll the wheels and see if it wobbles.

Bllit11

Established Member
Ok I went out and jacked up the rearend and started the car I let run in 1st gear it looked like they both had some wobble to them the left seemed worse. I'm sure going to say something to ford tomorrow. I don't know what the acceptable run out is.

Bllit11

Established Member
How in the hell do the axles get bent on a stock car. The highest I have launched with lc on was 3100 one time. I have launched multiple times at 2800 never been to the track just messing around on my road.

Users who are viewing this thread