60# injectors and E85?

NoviGT2000

Established Member
I have a 2002 mustang GT with a 2.8H Kenne bell running about 19lbs of boost. Was curious if my 60's would handle E85 safely? I have dual FPDM, twin ford GT pumps, Fore hat, -8 lines tank to rails with cpr fuel rails and 60# siemen deka high imp. injectors. Really looking into doing a E85 conversion but getting mixed reviews on whether this fuel system can handle 19lbs with 20+* of timing. All feedback would be great.

And yes I read the 60# E85 thread below but some information is different as my fuel system is a bit more modified.

Last edited:

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
theres a guy in the marketplace has some ID1000's for sale...do it once and do it right ;-D

might wanna do a BAP...but if it comes to that I would just get bigger pumps instead...BAP is a band-aid

NoviGT2000

Established Member
I was told by a reputable tuner 60# would work on 650hp with E85. Just verifying that I wasnt smoking any of that green stuff. Looks like I have got to do some more searching for 80#. and a transmission..... Thanks guys for all the replies. Much appreciated.

cj428mach

Established Member
There are plenty of injector calculators. I think Injector Dynamics has one as well.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I was told by a reputable tuner 60# would work on 650hp with E85. Just verifying that I wasnt smoking any of that green stuff. Looks like I have got to do some more searching for 80#. and a transmission..... Thanks guys for all the replies. Much appreciated.

But at what psi? Bump the psi and you increase flow rate on the 60's. I'm in the same boat sort of as I plan my next mods. Don't want to worry about 60's not being enough, don't want the potential headache of 80's and don't want to ante up for the id1000's.

cj428mach

Established Member
But at what psi? Bump the psi and you increase flow rate on the 60's. I'm in the same boat sort of as I plan my next mods. Don't want to worry about 60's not being enough, don't want the potential headache of 80's and don't want to ante up for the id1000's.

Go with the ID1000's. I'm self tuning so I wanted none of the issues that 80's can cause for people. The ID's are awesome.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Go with the ID1000's. I'm self tuning so I wanted none of the issues that 80's can cause for people. The ID's are awesome.

Find me a set for $350 and I'm in lol. I'll probably end up doing it - but at what point do they max out? I could see myself going 2.9 whipple and pushing it hard someday. Need to find that 2.9 thread where people were listing their setups.

cj428mach

Established Member
ID1000's I think are like 98lb per hour so they're going to out do the 80's. It also depends upon what pressure you run them at and what fuel you're using.

Users who are viewing this thread