6 SPEED TURBO GT500 RECORD?

svtbryan

Established Member
Does anyone know what the 6 speed turbo GT500 record is? I have seen that almost all gt500’s that go turbo also go automatic.

CV355

_
Established Member
Automatic... There are some times where I think having an automatic would be so nice.

My '00 GT had a built 4R70W in it and it was brutal.

To answer your question, last I knew it was 8.80 @ 164. Turbo.

8.53 @ 166 for a VMP.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
CV355 - do it! Ha ha. The 6R80 is a fun transmission! And super responsive with the stock converter.

svtbryan

Established Member
I think Birddoc had a kenne bell though...all the turbo records are automatic. Maybe stickshift turbo is a record waiting to be claimed?

CV355

_
Established Member
CV355 - do it! Ha ha. The 6R80 is a fun transmission! And super responsive with the stock converter.

I'd get in too much trouble, haha! I love the GT500 but getting rolling in 1st is terrible, unless you like slipping the hell out of it. I like staying under 1500rpms when getting going from a stop, and it's a challenge sometimes to do that- even being gentle it still likes to scrub the tires a bit. And I am not a novice to manuals...

I think Birddoc had a kenne bell though...all the turbo records are automatic. Maybe stickshift turbo is a record waiting to be claimed?

Hmm, I thought so too, but I could have swore I saw a turbo vid. I know for a fact that MMR hit some impressive numbers with a 6spd turbo GT500 a few years back but I don't know if that record was broken.

JPC Racing has a 7-second manual car, but it is a Coyote, not a GT500.

svtbryan

Established Member
Yeah i have noticed people don’t usually go turbo, and even less, single turbo on the GT500 platform (due to costs and kit availability). I am hoping to r&d an affordable and dependable single turbo kit this winter for the average consumer. Let’s see where this takes me.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
He did. I thought he went turbo 6 speed before going auto, but I just checked and his records were all done with a blower when it was still a stick car. Oh well.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
If you have a manual gt500, i think you are in the same catagory. I felt the same way when i t56 swapped my L. Good luck and stay safe on the track if you are chasing a e/t regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread