6# lower only 18hp???

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
Expected gains from the 4 pound pulley is 40 lbs.-ft. torque and 15 HP.

Expected gains from the 6 pound pulley is 50 lbs.-ft. torque and 18 HP

Thats it? I was thinking more. Crap I think I will jug it before the pulleys if thats all I get. Am I looking at it wrong? :shrug:

Thanks
Chris

Kellyo77

keep calm and chive on!
Established Member
Stock blower just starts running out of breath. Not to mention airflow restrictions. That's why switching to a KB or Whipple makes so much difference.

ecoastkid

Established Member
I dyno'd 390 with a 4#, plugs, and a tune. (K&N drop in filter with some holes in the bottom)

No way those numbers are correct.

I think its closer to 50 for a 4# and 60 or 70 with a 6#

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Every vehicle will be different in making H/P from boost. I've seen a gain of from a 417rwhp to a 421rwhp. This was using a ported blower switching a 4lber to a 6lbler. Then agiain with my Whipple, I increased 478 rwhp to 509 rwhp just by switching the same pulley combo.. It all depends on how many pieces of the puzzle you have put together that will create more Hp from boost..

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I took that right off Lightning Force Performance website. My plans are to get my stock one ported and add a 6# pulley. Thats why I was asking if this is correct or not. I don't think it's worth 200.00 for 18 hp. If it was more like 60-70 it would be worth it. IMO

rlearp

Established Member
I went from stock with CAI at 366rwhp 440 rwtq, to a 6 lber with 400 rwhp and 505 rwtq. So about 34 rear wheel hp and 65 rear wheel torque from the 6 lb pulley.

Knock those figures up 15% for the dyno to crank conversion and I could claim 40 hp and 75 ft lbs of torque.

R

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Man.. our dyno around here must read pretty low. My friend has a 03 lightning with a 6lb, exhaust, c & l plenum, air filter, and a custom tune and made 376/489. My truck on the same dyno made 360/450. We must not have our converters locked or something. Because when we go to the track our times are pretty good for the mods when comparing the times posted on NLOC....

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Man.. our dyno around here must read pretty low. My friend has a 03 lightning with a 6lb, exhaust, c & l plenum, air filter, and a custom tune and made 376/489. My truck on the same dyno made 360/450. We must not have our converters locked or something. Because when we go to the track our times are pretty good for the mods when comparing the times posted on NLOC....

What brand/type of dyno is it? There are two common types and they will come up with different numbers. Dynojet and Mustang are the two typical brands with some others scattered in there as well. Dynojets will show bigger numbers than a Mustang dyno FWIW.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
Yea this is a DynoJet, that's what I can't really figure out. Dyno's are for tuning purposes anyway :) Unless you own a supra!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Yea this is a DynoJet, that's what I can't really figure out. Dyno's are for tuning purposes anyway :) Unless you own a supra!

What are the conditions when you have been on the dyno? I can't imagine you're very high, but was it hot and humid? Did they correct the numbers for those conditions? That will make a huge difference in power of course. And I agree nothing speaks louder than who crosses the line first:beer:

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Lets see. I have a 6 # lower and a stock upper. Stage 3 ported eaton, cai, 2400 maf, Amazon dyno tune. I make 443rwhp/and 500rwtq. Yes my internals are stock too.
Oh, that is on Ricks Mustang Dyno too.

Last edited:

203Cree

Established Member
I went from 360/430 to 380/480 with a 4lber to 390/499 with my 6lber. However, I had ignition issues, clogged cats and it was heat soaked when I tuned the 6lber. I'm positive it's higher than that, because it's a night and day difference btwn the 4 and 6. Most boost I ever saw with the 4 on was 13psi... 6 I've peaked at 17 a few times, and that was in 55 degree weather, lol.

Bottom line, it's worth the money.

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
What are the conditions when you have been on the dyno? I can't imagine you're very high, but was it hot and humid? Did they correct the numbers for those conditions? That will make a huge difference in power of course. And I agree nothing speaks louder than who crosses the line first:beer:

These were SAE numbers... 80 out and humid!

Users who are viewing this thread