6.2 Raptor on E85 gains

Brandon03Cobra

On a Boat..
Established Member
Since I am upgrading my cobra to e85, I am curious what kind of power I could make with my Raptor n/a on the corn? I won't even ask this on the raptor forums cause they all think e85 is the devil.

black-plasma

Established Member
I haven't tried the e85 tune in my 5.0 F150 but I'm not expecting much. If I had a blower that would be a different story.

DeuceRooster

Established Member
This isn't exactly an answer to what you're asking but it's in the same ballpark. Take it for what it's worth.

I do remember reading a thread somewhere a few months back where a guy took a bone stock 5.0 F150 (with the exception of a K&N drop in) and did 2 sets of 2 runs on different days. One day he was running 93 octane and the I the other day he was running E85. On the E85 tank he showed an increase of 4 HP (peak) at the wheels over the 93 day.

This was the same dyno and same facility however the temps were 5 degrees or so different. So many variables it's hard to say how accurate that comparison is. And of course that's a stock 5.0 not a 6.2 but just wanted to throw that info in.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Yeah not to much to gain on a n/a engine. My 08 f150 is a flex fuel. The truck manual says horsepower goes from 300 to 310 if I remember correctly and torque goes from 365 to 390 on e85, you can feel the torque difference for sure though.

Users who are viewing this thread