6.0 gto vs regal vs gtp

dredg9

Established Member
Well since my car is down for the year, I have been cruising around with my buddy in his regal. In the races I was driving his car, which has a 3.4 pulley, jmb fwi, 3" downpipe. and tuned a bit. At the time of the races it was making 1-3 degrees of knock.

First was a great looking black 6.0 gto with black rims and tint, the car at least had cat back exhaust. We came up on him just at the right time and followed him for awhile till we reached a 4 lane road. He turned out onto the road and almost immediately hit it. We switched lanes and stayed at his back bumper all the way until about 80 when we had to slow down for traffic. Gave him a thumbs up and went our separate ways.

Next was tonight, another black 6.0 gto but was stock driven by a total douchebag. He was flying all over the place being an idiot trying to impress his girl(more on that later). We followed him for a bit and he decided to turn off and I gave him a 2 second punch that got his attention and he turned back out to follow us. He came up on us hard with me waiting for him to get along side us but he instead decides to do a flyby. We never really got a good run with him.

Now comes the fun part. We call up my buddy that just bought a gtp and had it turbo'd at zzp. He is approximately running on 12 psi. It works out almost perfectly because as soon as he gets out we end up right with the gto again. Im n ext to the gto at a light and we are side by side to about 40 and he misses second. My buddy comes flying from behind him and gets in front of me. They ended up having a perfect stretch just outside of town to run on and went from about 35 or 40. The gtp got about 1 car by 60 and by the time they shut down at 100 he had 2 and half maybe 3 cars on the gto. Again I was right at his back bumper.
Like said before the driver of the gto was a tool so my buddy had his hand out the window with a thumbs down the entire race which I thought was hilarious. After the race the gto pulls into an applebees and we pulled in 5 minutes later with him showing off his car to someone. My buddy goes up to him and ask what hes got in this thing and says its a gto. Ask him what type of engine ls1 or ls2, he again says its a gto. Then my friend just gives up and says, "oh okay I just wanted to check out what I just beat" and walks away with the guy saying that he started in 4th gear even though we could hear his tires chirp as he got on it. lol Just a fun night.

cliffnotes: From what we've seen 6.0 gtos arent very fast in stock form, kinda disappointing actually.

dredg9

Established Member
my buddies regal is maroon, but mine is white. We are from manitowoc though.

fat rat

Established Member
local guy here has a new gto runs 7.8's i nthe 1/8th not stock though..they are dissapointing in stock form

DaGTO

Established Member
yeah gto's are all slow in stock form i mean they can only manage a 12.9 at best with all that weight to lugg around. but most stock ones ive seen were in the low 13's here at at fontana so yeah....sad:rollseyes

but yeah ima say u beat the driver and not the car lol. but then again a win is a win even though the gto driver was a "douschebag" lol

laterz and nice kills

transam-98

Established Member
Even the 6.0 GTO's aren't all that special in stock form (although their interior is 2 steps above that of F-body's and cobra's) however they do make great power with a cam and bolt-on's (even if some owners are jackasses).

In any case good kill. I've seen some bad ass GTP's

Users who are viewing this thread