5Lug conversion help

TEAL VNM

Established Member
I have 245s in the front. They rubb some in the front and I need to get the fenders rolled in the rear to clear the 275s. I have MM R&T springs and belstien shocks and struts.

RydeOn

SVTeam
Established Member
Looks sick!

May I suggest changing the center cap logo though. ;-)

Last edited:

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
Ive never posted pics before but here it goes:
f86a3883.jpg

Very nice! Love it!

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
Im doing the 5 lug swap now. Im using the ranger front rotors and ranger/aerostar axles. what year wheels and tire sizes could I use? would 94-98 style work, would the FR500 17x9 fit?

Last edited:

JoeRacer

Established Member
I am not exactly sure how ranger front rotors are going on there, but the reason that people use SN95 brake parts is because the SN95 wheels bolt on without any problems. Some of the other 5 lug ford>ford model swaps have issues fitting the center caps from the SN95 wheels. I know there are ways to modify the center caps to fit in most cases (grinding them down in some way). Although I wouldn't want to really bother with any of this as the SN95 swap just makes more sense to me.

I found all of my brake parts to do the equivalent to the M2300K swap but using the fox length axles with NRC brackets for around $1000 total about 2 years ago. The only used parts I used were the axles and the spindles. Unfortunately the prices on some of the FRPP stuff I used have gone up.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
now you got me rethinking my setup. I could get the 94 spindles, hubs and caliper assembly fairly cheap. so this would be a better route? someone just mentioned to me about swaping out the whole rear for a 8.8 rear. what 8.8 rear thats a direct bolt on? also will it have the same bolt pattern as the front?

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
The cheapest way to do the 5 lug conversion is to get the axles out of 2 rangers, the short side. Also grab the drums while your there. Lincoln mark VII front rotors bolt right on. I did my 5 lug swap for $70. Used axles and drums and new rotors.

I dont mind keeping the drums in the rear, this is just a DD. And its bone stock so keep that in mind before everyone goes jumping on me about the drums.. haha

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
The cheapest way to do the 5 lug conversion is to get the axles out of 2 rangers, the short side. Also grab the drums while your there. Lincoln mark VII front rotors bolt right on. I did my 5 lug swap for $70. Used axles and drums and new rotors.

I dont mind keeping the drums in the rear, this is just a DD. And its bone stock so keep that in mind before everyone goes jumping on me about the drums.. haha

what wheels are you able to use?

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Any 5 lug wheels I want. Im using the factory bullets off my buddys car. Not the best looking wheels choice but they are basically free, with good tires, and Like I stated before, this is by no means my hotrod, just a bone stock daily driver. Anything is better than the 16x8 chrome 4lug cobra r's that are on there. Oh and baby 225 tires. Car looks pretty crappy now.

CIMG1187.gif

Im doing the swap tonight. Ill post an after pic then

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
If you use th mark7 rotors your going to have limited used of wheels because of the bearing snout sticks further out.

CHeapest way to get 94-95 is grab V6 mustang parts at a u-pull it. They are the same as a GT. Then go to Ford Racing Parts and Accessories at great prices or some cobra caliper set for $229 and go to rockauto and order some cobra rotors, the go to maximum motorsport and order a set of front brake lines. On the rear go to northracecars and order their disk brake brackets. North Racecars Brake Solutions

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Any 5 lug wheels I want. Im using the factory bullets off my buddys car. Not the best looking wheels choice but they are basically free, with good tires, and Like I stated before, this is by no means my hotrod, just a bone stock daily driver. Anything is better than the 16x8 chrome 4lug cobra r's that are on there. Oh and baby 225 tires. Car looks pretty crappy now.

CIMG1187.gif

Im doing the swap tonight. Ill post an after pic then

Mark7 rotors and svo rotors are the same... same part number an all. Ive heard of people saying the wheel wouldnt go over the hub, and then some peeps say no prob. So I guess we will see tonight. It may be one of those cases where the factory mark rotors wont work but the aftermarket stuff will.

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Aight well I screwed that up.. but I do know what rotors I need now. I made the mistake of believing a post I found about the svo rotors and mark 7 rotors being the same.. well they arent.. and the svo rotors will work and they are cheaper. I test fitted the mark 7 rotors and they dont clear. I could cut down the rotors if I wanted but its kinda stupid to do that when the svo rotors will bolt right up and are cheaper. Sorry for any mis information guys. I knew the svo would work, and since I believed the mark and svo was the same I made an ass of myself. lol.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
Aight well I screwed that up.. but I do know what rotors I need now. I made the mistake of believing a post I found about the svo rotors and mark 7 rotors being the same.. well they arent.. and the svo rotors will work and they are cheaper. I test fitted the mark 7 rotors and they dont clear. I could cut down the rotors if I wanted but its kinda stupid to do that when the svo rotors will bolt right up and are cheaper. Sorry for any mis information guys. I knew the svo would work, and since I believed the mark and svo was the same I made an ass of myself. lol.

this is good info. so the svo rotors fit on the stock spindle and you will still be able to use any style wheel?

bad93svt

Established Member
well, did you get it figured out? where are the pics of the final product?

THEhamBone

SVT Poster
Established Member
Woops my bad.. Actually had to grind the spindle down a little and use a small 1/2 spacer to get the center cap to pop on.

CIMG1796.gif

Users who are viewing this thread