590 RWHP with EVO stage 2

91svtbird

Established Member
Well guys I just got back from putting the Shelby on the dyno after my Evolution stage 2 CAI,pulley and tune, and I do mean tune.

After driving about 6 miles to the garage we hooked up the car ,and while still hot it put out a whopping 568 rwhp with 523 wr torque. Then after a 20 minute cool down we ran it again and it put out an unbelieveable 590.4 rwhp and 557.2 lbs of torque.
This surpassed my expectations by at least 50 rwhp. I said it before but it's worth repeating. The guys at Evolution have really done their homework.

The exhaust is totally stock With only a smaller upper pulley and a cold air intake kit Evolution has developed a tune that I doubt anyone else could match let alone do better than. This car has astounded everyone at the garage tonight. My hats' off to Fred and the boys at Evolution Performance!

This car is truly amazing I can't wait to put on the SS long tubes and 3" exhaust system that is on order from Evolution.It will bring the hp well over the 600 mark.

I would post a pic of the dyno graph but I don't know how to do it here,any help would be appreciated, thanks ...George...

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
George:

Congrats on a great tune! Sounds like you're a pretty happy camper!?

In order to post an image here, it needs to be hosted elsewhere, (Imageshack for instance) then linked to this site using the IMG linking feature.

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
are those numbers sae corrected? and what was the weather like? Nice, either way.

Bruce, Z06's lay down about 450-460rwhp stock.

91svtbird

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
are those numbers sae corrected? and what was the weather like? Nice, either way.

Bruce, Z06's lay down about 450-460rwhp stock.

They are corrected #'s . The humidity was 37 % ,temp about 60 in garage.

drmustang

Banned
Is this amazing or what?

590rwhp on a stock exhaust system with light bolt ons and tuning is just insane. I had an 03 Term. that put 462 to the wheels and I thought that was as good as it could get. This is really getting exciting.

MD03SVT

Established Member
91SVTbird...thanks for nothing as if winter isn't long enough.After reading your post how do you expect me to wait till spring to do the same to my car,now I have to sell the farm and move south or west so I can get my car back on the road & put a smile back on my face.

Great numbers congrats to the boys at evolution & remember to keep me a set-up like that.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Wow, these cars are definitely impressing the hell out of me with just simple mods!! Evolution has definitely found a nice rwhp recipe for these monsters, and Jon Lund continues to impress with his tuning. Congrats!! :beer:

91svtbird

Established Member
dgussin1 said:
are they sae or std corrected?
They are SAE corrected.

I want to say thanks to everyone for the encourging words.
This car is truly amazing to me and everyone last might at the garage.
These guys have been around muscle cars for many years and have never seen anything like this! They were all walking around just shaking their heads in amazement.
Dgussin1 ,you know what I'm talking about.

George....

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
GT500 = 590.4 rwhp (approx 678 crankshaft) @ 3,900#

C6-Z06 = 505 crankshaft @ 3,130#

You do the math! :-D

Lets See.

3900/678=5.75 lb/hps
3130/505=6.20 lbs/hp

6.20-5.75=.45

.45/6.2=.07 or 7% advantage

With traction, Yes!:rockon:

bubbrubb

sweet baby Jesus... 590rwhp on a stock exhaust system is incredible :rockon:

I guess Evolution Motorsports has the magic formula for these cars down pretty well already!

Users who are viewing this thread