(56K) Pictures from Cape Hatteras

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
The Ranger did amazingly well in the sand.
IMG_1281.gif

IMG_1284.gif

IMG_1286.gif

IMG_1300.gif

IMG_1297.gif

Gettin’ some air!
IMG_1348.gif

IMG_1349.gif

IMG_1350.gif

IMG_1291.gif

IMG_1303.gif

straightliner1

Established Member
You know... People always say how beautiful California is but MAN, those pics are crazy. Much nicer than any beach I've ever seen here in CA. *envy*

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
straightliner1 said:
You know... People always say how beautiful California is but MAN, those pics are crazy. Much nicer than any beach I've ever seen here in CA. *envy*

yeah that beach looks much much cleaner but then again some beaches here are crystal clear :beer:

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
Thanks for the comments. It's definitely one of my favorite places to visit. I wouldn't want to live there though. The Outer Banks peninsula isn't even a 1/4 mile wide in most spots and the elevation is only a couple feet!

ElGato

There is no cure
Established Member
SSSNAKE03 said:
Ive been to the Outer Banks a few times.....nice place
:

Good, keep it that way and stay home!!! (j/k...sort of)

XCELR8 said:
I wouldn't want to live there though. The Outer Banks peninsula isn't even a 1/4 mile wide in most spots and the elevation is only a couple feet!

not true, it can be as narrow as that but in most places its wider, why do you think all the houses are here?

btw you got lucky playing in the ocean! I've seen guys in Kitty Hawk lose their trucks to the ocean...we got it on tape, the owner was all pissed...

but yes, the OBX is a great place to visit, and a crappy place to be from. And Hatteras....well, lets just say the locals are a bit....off.... and you've got to drive through your butt just to get there... an hour being stuck behind a couple from Ohio "oh look honey more sand, lets do 40mph!"

and NO I'm not bitter!....

Last edited:

jeb

Established Member
I hope you dont keep that ranger long:bash: . I :lol: my ass off when I see people from out of town take there truck in pure salt water.

Last edited:

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
I drove on the Beach the last time i was down there in my Chevy Z-71,it did a great job in the sand.I went on the Beach right before the Herbert C. Bonner Bridge,that was a pretty good place to hit the Beach Trail,and a even better spot to take pic's.

XCELR8

I love my 4V
Established Member
ElGato said:
Good, keep it that way and stay home!!! (j/k...sort of)

not true, it can be as narrow as that but in most places its wider, why do you think all the houses are here?

btw you got lucky playing in the ocean! I've seen guys in Kitty Hawk lose their trucks to the ocean...we got it on tape, the owner was all pissed...

but yes, the OBX is a great place to visit, and a crappy place to be from. And Hatteras....well, lets just say the locals are a bit....off.... and you've got to drive through your butt just to get there... an hour being stuck behind a couple from Ohio "oh look honey more sand, lets do 40mph!"

and NO I'm not bitter!....

Yeah... you're right. It definitely has wider spots. Especially as you go more northern towards Nags Head and Kitty Hawk. I noticed the closer we got to Hatteras, the skinnier the peninsula got.

jeb said:
I hope you dont keep that ranger long:bash: . I :lol: my ass off when I see people from out of town take there truck in pure salt water.

It's not any different then driving a car down a salt covered winter road. Given, I'm not from Outer Banks, but it definitely wasn't my first time there. You'd be just as much as an "out of towner" as I would be.

jeb

Established Member
XCELR8 said:
Yeah... you're right. It definitely has wider spots. Especially as you go more northern towards Nags Head and Kitty Hawk. I noticed the closer we got to Hatteras, the skinnier the peninsula got.

It's not any different then driving a car down a salt covered winter road. Given, I'm not from Outer Banks, but it definitely wasn't my first time there. You'd be just as much as an "out of towner" as I would be.

Yea but they drive in it because they have 2. You dont have 2 drive in the ocean. :-D But any hoot its your truck. :D And I was born and raised in currituck beach(OBX)I still go home once a week. It is really fun there in the summer but not so much in the winter(its dead)

Users who are viewing this thread