550metric tons of Uranium removed from Iraq. Was Bush right all along?

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
We've sat through at least that while North Korea sets off nukes and launches rockets.:shug: And I don't say that to be contradictory - there are bigger threats, in my opinion, and we've sat around doing nothing. Using Saddam's pursuit of WMD's pales in comparison to what on countries have already accomplished.

I believe that what this really boils down to is a philosophical discussion of when (at what point) one country should become involved in the internal affairs of another country. One could make the case that US had no national self-interest getting involved in Iraq. You could also make the case that there were moral as well as geopolitical interests. The former due to the terrible loss of life that Sadam had initiated with the Iran conflict and his actions against the Kurds and the Shi'ia. The latter due to the desire to maybe make up for the US support of Sadam in years past, and the hope of instilling at least one "democratic" arab nation. I think it was worth a try, and that we should have gotten out after Sadam was deposed. But, having created a power vacuum, we stuck around to try to clean up the mess. Was thre a commercial component there (oil)? I don't really know.

When do we intercede with Iran? Korea? Is there moral responsibility if we do nothing and millions are killed in a nuclear holocaust?

Last edited:

Rochard

Established Member
What everyone fails to understand is that with anything nuclear related there are organizations that monitor everyone involved and certain standards that must be meet. This is not open to discussion and never will be. Why? It's simple. If anyone builds a nuclear power plant and something goes wrong, it will have world wide ramifications. Remember what happened is Russia in the 1980's? Radiation rained all over Europe. If anything goes wrong, the ramifications are freaking huge.

Read a few books about the Iraq invasion. Oliver North has one that is interesting; If I recall correctly he talked at length about a night spend in a Iraqi staduim that was full of chemical and biological gear.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Everyone seems to have forgotten what Iraq did to Kuwait. People complain about oil spills in Alaska, but no one seems to be remotely concerned about Iraq setting fire to 600 oil wells as they got their rear ends evicted from Kuwait - creating the world's largest man made disaster.

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
What everyone fails to understand is that with anything nuclear related there are organizations that monitor everyone involved and certain standards that must be meet. This is not open to discussion and never will be. Why? It's simple. If anyone builds a nuclear power plant and something goes wrong, it will have world wide ramifications. Remember what happened is Russia in the 1980's? Radiation rained all over Europe. If anything goes wrong, the ramifications are freaking huge.

Read a few books about the Iraq invasion. Oliver North has one that is interesting; If I recall correctly he talked at length about a night spend in a Iraqi staduim that was full of chemical and biological gear.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter. Everyone seems to have forgotten what Iraq did to Kuwait. People complain about oil spills in Alaska, but no one seems to be remotely concerned about Iraq setting fire to 600 oil wells as they got their rear ends evicted from Kuwait - creating the world's largest man made disaster.

Sounds good in theory, but what happens when the country in question kicks out the inspectors and does what it wants? Have the UN pass toothless resolutions?

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
IRAQ is still a bs media circus shitshow.
Yes Sadam needed to fall, but thousands of our troops didn't need to die there and still be there 2 years later. Not to mention the gall Bush had to use 9/11 as part of the reasoning. Simply shamefull and disrespectfull to those who died that day.
And yes Sadam had this crap, but he never had the means to do anything with it, not to mention it's mostly old stuff that you cannot do a damn thing with.

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
IRAQ is still a bs media circus shitshow.
Yes Sadam needed to fall, but thousands of our troops didn't need to die there and still be there 2 years later. Not to mention the gall Bush had to use 9/11 as part of the reasoning. Simply shamefull and disrespectfull to those who died that day.
And yes Sadam had this crap, but he never had the means to do anything with it, not to mention it's mostly old stuff that you cannot do a damn thing with.
I agree. But I dont think we understand how close Saddam was to using WMD's. He had them and they werent made by his people. China did. Look in the links I posted on page 1. The UN played dumb as they moved his weapons around when inspectors came looking for them
I prefer chocolate cake myself.

He has jokes!! :bored: Lets keep joking about the guy who wanted to destroy the US.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV7QyOtSMmQ]YouTube - Dave Chappelle's Show Black Bush[/ame]

Jefe

Established Member
More jokers. When will you idiots just shut up?

static74

in the 9's
Established Member
IMO coincidence... the sun shines in the dogs ass every now and then...

Users who are viewing this thread